Do I need a second set of credentials or should just the one work?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 525 times. The last Post () by shabbaranks.

• Hi guys,

I have a connection that works fine, its a dual tuner so obviously I can watch one channel and record another.

I have been given reshare by a friend. How do i add it to the second box in the bedroom.

If not could someone explain how a box with 2 tuners is different to 2 boxes?

Thanks!!

• a box with 2 tuners will show up a 1 login but taking 2 channels a second box will show up on the server as a second login so will show up as logged in twice , so if you are not allowed to do this dont rather ask first its good manners

• a box with 2 tuners will show up a 1 login but taking 2 channels a second box will show up on the server as a second login so will show up as logged in twice , so if you are not allowed to do this dont rather ask first its good manners

Thanks mate - I did ask my mate and was told it wouldn't work but wasn't given a reason why it wouldn't work so I wanted to understand the difference between how connections and channel requests worked. Its clearer now so I will move forward with the appropriate method of an additional login :)

• Apologies I wasn't given a re share for what ever reason, I think I need my negotiating hat on and will see if my mate will let me have another account :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!