How much free memory Vu+ Duo

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,463 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• All,

I have a Vu+ Duo running BH 1.6.2,

I've uninstalled any plugins I'll never use (ie. anything to do with playing external media, music, photos etc) and only have 3 peers,

I've a 32MB swap file but still my memory fluctuates between 75 and 99% in use!

Seems a bit high considering?

• Check so you don't have loaded picons to the flash memory...

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• Check so you don't have loaded picons to the flash memory...

They're on my USB stick!

Was reading about a bit last night....this appears to be quite common with Linux creating a cache and it looking like all the memory is used but its just for speed purposes...

not sure...only reason I'm asking is because I've had a few green screens recently and they've been memory related!

• I would not unduly worry about memory usage fluctuating up and down all the time

as basically the Duo is a mini computer running a version of linux so there are always process going on in the back ground to make the box run smoothly

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Try storing picons and epg dater on a usb stick never store epg in flash as over time this will cause damage to the NAND flash

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• running blackhole 1.6.2 . duo receiver . cool tv plugin & cross epg plugin . three cams installed . Cpu only at 67% . picons etc are on usb stick . Have you added a 3rd tuner or anything as this eats about an extra 20% cpu resource?

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• running blackhole 1.6.2 . duo receiver . cool tv plugin & cross epg plugin . three cams installed . Cpu only at 67% . picons etc are on usb stick . Have you added a 3rd tuner or anything as this eats about an extra 20% cpu resource?

new2

No 3rd tuner and I have everything where it should be....dear knows!! Mines constantly at 98%...

I get green screens the odd time...only when messing around with settings so its not all bad!

Time to get my Ultimo pre order in :11_002:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!