A couple of newbie questions

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 587 times. The last Post () by floatingshed.

• Hello,

I have just acquired a second-hand Alien2 and I'm trying to get to grips with it. It is a 3 tuner version and I only want it for UK FTA channels.
    I have tried to make timer recordings. Only one out of six was successful, when I tried to make a short test recording it recorded the same thing twice! Seems a bit odd.
    Thiis is using the factory supplied software, I believe. Should I upgrade? And to what?

Is there a work around for the filesize limitation for recordings? HD files will quickly exceed 4Gb.

Is it possible to access the box from the web to set timer recordings?

Any other beginners tips and tricks most welcome.

Thank You.

• Thanks I will look at the links.
    I am actually planning to use the satellite connections, on 28.2, just the FTA channels though.

Will this image allow files over 4Gb? I'm not sure where this limitation comes in. Should I format the HDD in ext3 or ext 4? It is NTFS at present

• The file size is governed by the Hard Disk FORMAT you choose. I use EXT3 personally but NTFS should work OK. I have included Samba in my Image. For those who don't know, this allows you to map the Box connected Hard Disk onto your PC over your Lan, essentially allowing you to use the boxes' Hard Disk as a form of NAS

• I have followed all the instructions carefully. I have loaded the E2 image linked above, it took several minutes of "loading files", then... nothing! No sign of enigma2, I tried holding OK whilst switching on and got a spark/enig menu, selected enig but got spark!

Did it all again but got the same result. Any help most welcome. Thanks.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!