Autoshutdown & Resuming for Records & EPG Updates

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,300 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Can anyone please advise me of the correct settings or plugins I should use to get my box to go into deep standby after so many minutes of inactivity. The box should resume from deep standby when there's a timed recording that's about to start or when the box needs to do an EPG update.

To get the box to resume from deep standby for an EPG update, do I just create a cron job as follows?:

• Time to execute command or script: 5.50AM (10 minutes before EPG update is due to start)
    • Predefined Command to Execute: Standby

I'm also doing this at the moment:

Menu, Setup, System, AutoShutDown Settings.

• Enable Autoshutdown: Enable
    • Time in standby for power off (minimum): 0001
    • Enable action after inactivity: Disable
    • Disable shutdown in EPGRefresh time span: Yes
    • Show in Extensions/Plugins: Yes

After 1 minute on standby the LCD screen goes completely blank apart from the word "Yes". I have to press the OK button on the remote for it to go away. Then I see nothing on the LCD screen apart from a little square icon. Then when I press the power button to boot back up or when a timed recording is about to start then once booted there's a message saying "Recordings are in progress or coming up in a few seconds. Really shutdown now? Yes or No? If I just leave the message then the message just stays there and the programme records anyway.

How should I correctly set up AutoShutdown to prevent those bugs?

• For recordings you dont need to do any thing as it will wake the box five minutes before the recording is scheduled to start and go back into Deep standby five minutes after, as for the rest if your using ViX try the power timers feature as thats what it is designed for.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Unfortunately I'm using Blackhole. I tried Vix but the "Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey" didn't work. It's supposed to read my card without me needing to configure it, it worked on Blackhole but not on Vix.

• I don't understand? Of course I'm using 1 of the slots as a card reader. I have my card in the top slot. Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey is supposed to read the card without requiring any configuration. All I do on Blackhole is select "Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey" and it then reads my card. On Vix I started CCcam but OScam wouldn't start.

• If your using one of the internal card reader slots for your card then you don't need to use this version of Oscam + CCcam with Omnikey, Omnikey is a stand alone card reader which most people would use with a pc server setup. If you have a omnikey card reader it can be used with BH as they have a dedicated pcsc panel in the image and this is why this version of oscam + cccam was put together...

Try this cam if your using BH: EMU Packs post #95

and if your using ViX look here: openViX softcams post #21

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I tried that before in Blackhole and it didn't work. I assume I needed to configure it in some way? Several days ago, master G advisted that I try "Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey" via LinuxSupport Addons. It worked perfectly without needing to configure it.

• Yes it worked perfectly because it came pre-configured for a white sly card... most cams you have to add your own configs for them to work (cccam cfg / oscam configs) which you now have on your box and should be backed up just in case. Then when it comes to changing image or updating the version of the cam makes it all very easy.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

I tried that before in Blackhole and it didn't work. I assume I needed to configure it in some way? Several days ago, master G advisted that I try "Oscam rev 8784 - CCcam 2.1.3 Omnikey" via LinuxSupport Addons. It worked perfectly without needing to configure it.

Attached is the latest oscam with CCcam 2.1.3 configured for UK card and OpenViX image if you need it buddy.. Can also be downloaded from our addons panel..

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!