Hard drive/Tuner issues

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 567 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Hey guys, I'm having problems with channels dropping when ABM rescans every morning and believe its something to do with my hard drive I've installed.

The scan runs at 5am every morning and then when I turn my tv on, most channels have a message 'tune failed' or 'sid in pat'

To solve the problem I need to knock the box off and then re-start it. Sometimes I'm lucky and the box will reboot but usually the box gets stuck with 'starting..' so again I need to knock the box off, unplug the hard drive from the mother board and restart.

To try and solve the problem I've reformatted the hard drive to exFAT and reinstalled, the problem was still there. I unmounted and remounted - still there, the only thing I havent done so far is reflash the box.

Is this familiar to anybody? Will reflashing with the hard drive already plugged into the motherboard help?

• Its worth a try flashing it but ive a feeling its doing that because its trying to start on a channel that isnt there anymore , have you tried setting a channel as the startup service , one that you know works and see if it stops dong this ? just an idea , as it could be trying to start on one thats off the air at that time in the morning

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• press your up arrow highlight a channel you want it to start on , press menu and set it as startup service, i would not shedule a scan every day though you can just do it when you se stuff missing up to you though i only have cross epg run at 4 am every day

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• Which image/box type/hdd model?

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!