the best receiver to buy

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,392 times. The last Post () by nano.

• the best to buy has to be a blade bm7000s hd 3d receiver....no need to worry about updates....and all chan updates are avail for your area in 2 clicks of the remote ! :haha:

• i would advise anyone to grab the £130 deal for blade bm7000s......just put the software on and it runs itself....my dad would recommend it....only because he can use it.....its been the best box in the last 3 years......really good box ! :69:

• Also the D15 made in the same factory as Blade
    Really like the menu on the D15 over the Blade and it now has IPTV built in
    Blade seem very slow with FW update's last one was back in Jan last year ?

Also the D15 works out cheaper at present.

• Sty Plus boxes update without worry also but the total cost of ownership is expensive.

I quite fancy the Media Art 7 Ultra at present but I am playing with the Ruby at present and so far it's OK but I guess, as a hardned E2 man, the transsition is not quite as easy. Pro's and con's on both system types.

Edited once, last by dirtydonki ().

• i have just got a tm twin oe and the box
    is real good value and quality a superb picture
    i also have the vu solo2 and vu twin uno and
    they are also great boxes. just to add the best
    receiver will always get different answers as we
    all have our own favorite

Edited once, last by rumpole ().

• It all depends on what you want from you receiver as to wether its the best or not. personally if i was going to spend £130 on a receiver the Blade 7000 would be the last thing i would buy.

Its like buying a Reliant Robin for the same price as a Ford Focus, sure it will do the job, but you will always feel that its inadequate. The Blade is Ok for watching TV but its not as versatile as for example something like the Octagon FS8. On the Blade you can only run the software that is available for it as its pretty much closed source. At least with the Octagon you can run what you like on it and setup the software and channel list the way you want it. You can also run what ever plugins and emu you want.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!