TV has Freeview HD but cant get any of the channels ?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,103 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Evening all, I have a new tv with Freeview HD tuner ( yes i know at last lol ) anyway have it all set up with my vu duo + stb and i know i can get channels ie BBC 1 HD 2HD 3HD 4HD and ITV 1 HD, etc through my stb but as tv has built in freeview hd tuner i did full tune up on tv and all i get is normal sd channels no freeview hd channels ???

I know my aerial is about 40 years old i know im not even kidding this must the reason why im not getting channels dont you think ??
    Thinking i may go to my local screwf*x store and get a new digital aerial do we all agree lol ??

Thanks
    carmine

• Yes i would agree that a new aerial is in order thats for sure..it will be a wideband aerial you are after which most are now.

Is your cabling also 40 years old or has that been replaced at some point..have a look at your signal strength and see what that says.

• what model TV have you got buddy? have you searched through the menu's? maybe there's a setting that needs adjusting?

Hi brenden i know its a bit late but happy new year buddy,

i am trying aerial re tune as well as clicking digital other option is secam L as i read on g**gle clicking that may fix prob but still no freeview hd channels lol

• Yes i would agree that a new aerial is in order thats for sure..it will be a wideband aerial you are after which most are now.

Is your cabling also 40 years old or has that been replaced at some point..have a look at your signal strength and see what that says.

Hiya,

i have checked signal strength of what i can get ie sd channels and between 8-10 out of ten not enough though i guess for hd channels on freeview ??

• Hi brenden i know its a bit late but happy new year buddy,

i am trying aerial re tune as well as clicking digital other option is secam L as i read on g**gle clicking that may fix prob but still no freeview hd channels lol

Happy new year lol.

Is the tuner itself a HD tuner? A silly question I know but I have just been researching for you and there's reports of some people purchasing a HD TV but oddly enough the freeview tuner itself isn't HD.

Odd I know but worth investigating to rule it out

• Happy new year lol.

Is the tuner itself a HD tuner? A silly question I know but I have just been researching for you and there's reports of some people purchasing a HD TV but oddly enough the freeview tuner itself isn't HD.

Odd I know but worth investigating to rule it out

I have checked and double checked and is in specifications it says built freeview hd tuner

• Hiya,

i have checked signal strength of what i can get ie sd channels and between 8-10 out of ten not enough though i guess for hd channels on freeview ??

I am talking about diagnostics on your tv...get to know your new tv set mate.

Which model did you finally buy?

MK

• After 40 years, yes a new aerial and cable is advisable. You may not need a booster, too much signal can cause problems.
    How many TV's are you running off 1 aerial?
    Bear in mind, Since switchover DTT signal strengths have been drastically increased, you can quite easily run 4 tv' off 1 aerial and a good 4 way splitter.

Sent by pressing buttons.

• After 40 years, yes a new aerial and cable is advisable. You may not need a booster, too much signal can cause problems.
    How many TV's are you running off 1 aerial?
    Bear in mind, Since switchover DTT signal strengths have been drastically increased, you can quite easily run 4 tv' off 1 aerial and a good 4 way splitter.

Sent by pressing buttons.

I need to feed 3 more tvs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!