JailbreakMe 3.0 to Jailbreak iPad 2 Coming Soon!

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,093 times. The last Post () by DaiC1.

• Comex, the developer behind JailbreakMe, has updated Jailbreakme.com with a teaser image of an upcoming iPad 2 jailbreak with JailbreakMe (probably Jailbreakme 3.0) which appears to be PDF-based exploit userland jailbreak

The teaser photo, found at Jailbreakme.com, clearly shows a signboard which says “PDF”. Now this only means that jailbreak me 3.0 will be using a PDF-based exploit to jailbreak iPad 2. Comex, however, has not mentioned any device name or the iOS firmware version that is going to be supported. Your guess is as good as ours.

It would be a good bet to say that this Jailbreakme update will Jailbreak iPad 2 since iOS 4.3.3 has already been jailbroken on other devices.

SEE LAST POST.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• I'm not even sure if I'll bother JB'ing this iPad....It was handy for folders in V1 but theres so little development for the iPad (compared to the iPhone) I really can't see any advantage!!

What legit stuff do you find invaluable?

• I've bought a few, but have about 400 in itunes most are crap and Im glad I didnt by them {try before u buy and all that}

• jailbreakme.com have released their latest JB!

Works fine on my iPad 2 running 4.3! Painless as ever :32_002:

edit - d'oh...spoke to soon....a reboot and it refuses to load Cydia lol

edit 2 - make sure you're running 4.3.3...it will then work fine...RTFM Sandman!!

• "How to Jailbreak iPad 2, iPhone, & iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 and JailbreakMe

Visit JailbreakMe.com from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    Tap on the “Free” button and then tap on “Install”
    Safari will quit and you will see the brown Cydia icon loading on your home screen
    When Cydia is done downloading, your jailbreak is complete
    That’s all there is to it. It’s probably a good idea to reboot the iOS device once it’s finished so everything works as intended. If you ever get sick of it, you can unjailbreak just by restoring the iOS device from iTunes.

Optionally, after the jailbreak is finished you may want to search for and download “PDF Patcher 2” from the Cydia store so you can patch the exploitable PDF hole that allows the jailbreak to install in the first place."

iSO 5 will be out soon and the pdf exploit will prob be closed, this was was going to be held back until 5 but some noob leaked it. Another exploit blown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!