HDMI Leads whats better ??

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,288 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• I have new tv and want to know your guys experiences when you have bought new tv and connected to you stb etc, I know the scart lead will soon be a thing of the past and have had hdmi lead for connection from older tv to stb, older tv was plasma and new tv is LED I used and am still using a cheap hdmi i think i even found one a certain pound shop lol.

I`m asking this is there any difference in cheap hdmi lead compared to these that they offer you when your buying a tv at C**ys etc ie the silver or gold HDMI leads would it really make that much difference using cheap HDMI conpared to more expensive ones available and if so can you guys let me know what you use or recommend ??

Thanks
    carmine

• Carmine ive never seen a difference ever and I did installs for a good while , its like when you paid a fortune for oxygen free scart leads for crt tvs i never saw anything there it might be possible that it makes an odds with super hd but we havent got there yet , i think itll be the feel good factor knowing you paid a fortune for a lead and convincing yourself its better , nano might be able to elaborate more as he is more in the know with installs these days

• Carmine ive never seen a difference ever and I did installs for a good while , its like when you paid a fortune for oxygen free scart leads for crt tvs i never saw anything there it might be possible that it makes an odds with super hd but we havent got there yet , i think itll be the feel good factor knowing you paid a fortune for a lead and convincing yourself its better , nano might be able to elaborate more as he is more in the know with installs these days

Hi stevejo,
    i`ve been reading about on g**gle and found a site or two that say exactly what you say no difference at all only worth spending a bit more if you need over 1 or 2 metres...

• HDMI is a digital signal. A 1 is a 1 and a 0 is a 0 regardless of which cable it goes down. With a digital signal, its either there or it isn't so a gold plated oxygen free cable will not produce a better picture than a cheapo HDMI cable.

If you get a picture with a cheapo HDMI cable, the quality of the picture will be exactly the same as the expensive HDMI cable from Currys. Incidentally television cables and leads are a rip off from Currys (Or any other DGS retail outlets), They are just put in pretty packaging, but are no better than the ones you can get for half the price off eBay.

I used to get this from people when i installed a new aerial, the daft old bint would always say, the picture off the old aerial was better, when that was physically impossible if your watching a DVB-T signal.

Nano

• They're basically an Ethernet cable with a different end !
    Same principles apply regarding distance and data transfer rates from what i understand.

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks Nano,
    have sent you a pm

• Well said sir.

Sent by pressing buttons.

• the other reason i started this thread was because yesterday during the footy, i could notice a slight bit of interference on screen while watching but only when watching stb not freeview hd etc. thought it may have been a faulty hdmi lead but thats not possible is it ?
    I also have a rf modulator could that cause interference as i needed to send signal to upstairs telly

• hdmi leads you can buy from any pound shop will do the trick...but if i were using over 5 metres i would buy the more expensive gold ones !

• I see no value in getting an expensive lead unless as already said it is a long lead as with a digital signal it either works or not. I have picked up dirt cheap leads from ASDA and they work just the same as the overpriced leads that help the salesmen in electrical shops get brownie points and extra pocket money!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• a good friend of mine who i have`nt seen for a while called me today and said he bought new tv and guess what he bought a silver plated hdmi lead at just over £35 each, oh my goodness why oh why oh why, i told him that any cheap one would do the exact job, hope he kept the receipt lol ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!