CCcam dying ???

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,370 times. The last Post () by Cyborg57.

• I just received your latest news email, and it said something about CCcam being a dying project. Maybe I am a little out of touch with things, but to me that statement sounds like a load of complete bo**ocks. CCcam is the main emulator used in card sharing, and the vast majority of Linuxbox owners use it. I am aware that for some cards you need to use it along with other emulators as it won't read some cards, Sly for instance. But for card sharing CCcam is the emulator of choice.

Dreambox 500s (2011 Clone) - Gibertini 90cm - TM-2200 Super Motor - Inverto 0.2db - SCT Local

• If 2.1.3 is the last official update, it tells me that someone else has taken over supporting it as I am using 2.2.1

Dreambox 500s (2011 Clone) - Gibertini 90cm - TM-2200 Super Motor - Inverto 0.2db - SCT Local

• That was an unofficial release m8...

Did ya see the version 2.2.3 that was going around not so long ago??

It was a fake with a virus...

CCAM is a dead project m8...

Its not being worked on anymore..

Oscam is more up to date and has better support..

• Yes I did see 2.2.3 and I knew about it being a fake also.

OK I will take your word for it but if Oscam is taking over how do you go about changing over yourself, if both you and all the people that you share with are using CCcam? I personally don't know of anyone using Oscam.

• Oscam can be used to read clines too m8..

Much more advanced than CCAM..

Oscam can be used as the card reader and ccam be used to share it..

if you share with anyone that has a Sly card there more than likely using oscam and ccam 2.1.3 together....

• So what you are saying is that I can use Oscam instead of CCcam and it will still work, is that right ?

• Just had a look at the Oscam section and understand what you are talking about. You still need CCcam for sharing but if you share a Sly card you need Oscam to read it. But as I have an SCT card I don't need Oscam as CCcam reads my card. ...... Thanks guys for helping to clear it up.

• yes

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• But one thing to come out of this is that CCcam is not dying as most people still need it if they want to share. A better way to have put it would have been to say that development has stopped on it, and so other emulators are needed in conjunction with CCcam.

• No m8 your wrong..

Its dying...

Its dormant on the verge of extinct..

Trust us m8...

It wont be much longer before everyone will be changing by the way things are happening..

S*y uk going to oscam... Total TV gone from cs..

Things are moving fast and emulators have to be developed and support..

CCAM wont be supported...

• so if somebodys main source was cline, wud dat mean dat its not supported .i understand oscam will still read the cline but its still ben sourced from CCcam so ud more dan likely encounter bugs,,dat wud explain why channels just stop workin.is der any other way round this for someone dat dnt use cards

• CCAM can be used to share lets get that straight..

Its reading the card thats the problem...

The packages are changing algo's making it harder to open..

Hence why Emulators need to develop (CCAM wont develop/ be supported)...

Oscam and the likes are supported and are the emulators of the future at the min for reading cards!

The new Qbox's use Oscam only... Its the way of the future...

• Do I assume from what you are saying that other forms of sharing are being developed and will completely take over from CCcam? For instance Oscam may be developed to a point where you don't need to use it with CCcam. The only other method of sharing that I am aware of is Gbox, but as far I am am aware it is not very popular, I don't know of anyone who uses it. The point being that CCcam is well established and will be very hard to replace. I think the most likely thing to happen is a continuation of what already seems to be happening which seems to be addons for CCcam, such as Oscam. I could be wrong but I still can't see CCcam dying.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!