vu+ duo vs vu+ duo2

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,873 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• Hi folks i am thinking in investing in a vu + duo box for the second tuner i have a dreambox dm800 but i like the idea of going for vu+ as i have read lots of comments and they seem a good stable box but can you tell me is there a huge difference between the vu+ and the vu+2 i understand the vu+2 has a faster processor but can you really see the speed difference as the price from our sponsor £ 209 for the vu+ duo and £ 429 for the duo +2 which is a big difference

thanks for your help

• thats like asking 'whats the difference between a bog standard 5 year old ford focus, and a brand new ST ford focus'

they both do EXACTLY the same thing ( both versions of the focus gets you from A to B, both versions of the Vu+ duo sat receiver allows you to watch TV)

the 'extras' are just that. extras, improved performance, some little extra bits of hardware and improvements, but the end result is the same

are the 'extras' worth over £200 to you?

• I went from a DM800HD SE to a Duo2. It's like having a Ferrari after having plodded around in an old Ford Anglia. :snicker:

Go for the Duo2. Yes it is well worth the additional outlay.

Choice is yours of course but ask yourself why go from an antique to yet another antique? Also why not consider a Solo2 with dual tuner or a Gigablue Quad instead instead?

Good luck

• Better off with the solo2, it does pretty much what the duo2 does except no plugable tuners or 3.5" HDD. The duo2 also has a fancy display but is a bit pointless. Both are the same speed wise & a lot quicker than the original duo.

• The original Duo was good in it's day but no denying it is an ageing machine now. Limitation of Flash memory with newer images etc etc means it's perhaps not the most forward looking choice.

Pricewise the market now offers a variety of machines and it is made all the more muddier with VU clones cropping up everywhere. The Solo2 is a good choice/value but even here Solo2 clones have made an indent and some are hard pushed to tell the difference. It's all become rather muddied.

I would guess that a newly positioned VU machine may be on the way....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!