Vu Ultimo Receiver - BH 2.02 Rev E & BH 2.081 - Personal & Full Backup Q's

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 919 times. The last Post () by nsharma.

• Hi,

I wonder if somebody can please kindly clarify regarding the filename(s) and location(s) of the personal and full backup for the above receiver. I have a personal and full backup which had been created on my receiver (1TB SATA hdd) with BH 2.02 Rev E.

I would like to replace BH 2.02 Rev E with BH 2.081 on the receiver, but would still like to retain the BH 2.02 Rev personal and full backup files stored, just in case I need to revert back to the "old" BH 2.02 Rev E image on the receiver.

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• You should find the full backup of the image on the HDD, there should be a folder "vuplus" this is the full backup.

Your settings backup will be where the path has been set to store it too, I think the default is the HDD, but it can be changed to usbstick of you have one mounted. You should see a file named "Bhpersonalbackup" this is it.

Both can be saved to your pc or lappy using a ftp program...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thank you for your kind reply. Am I correct in assuming that each time a personal or full backup is performed, the corresponding existing files are overwritten with updated personal and full backup contemnts?

Many thanks in advance for all your support.

With kind regards.

• Yes that's correct buddy, which is why you are better to back these up on another device when you have made a personal or full backup of the image. When you reflash a newer version of the image you can then easily ftp the personal backup over to the box again and restore all your settings etc.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi,

Another question which I have is in the media/hdd/backup directory on the Ultimo receiver's hdd, there many files eg. 2013-05-09-enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz which are in a compressed format.

My question is that how can you can choose to select the desired file from a list of compressed files to be used by the receiver and I presume that the settings captured will correspond to the BH image used at the time?

Many thanks in advance, for your support.

With kind regards.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!