Changed ISPand now clients cannot connect.

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,041 times. The last Post () by alanbk.

• Hi All. I changed ISP and now my clients are not accessing the server. It is a Ubuntu server running oscam. I am pretty sure it is just a network issue but I have changed the IP on the server and the LAN works fine and is clearing the channels. Also, I can see the servers etc through the CCcam web info panel on the server.I am with UPC and any advice would be most helpful.

• Thanks for the reply. How do I update the DNS in the router ? The thing is that the server connects to the internet !!!Thanks again for the help

I am a little lost here. How can I add my dynamic hostname details to the router, or use the update client to sync my new external ip address ? I am assuming that the ports are open as I am able to view the Oscam web info and the CCcam info pages in the browser,Thanks again

• Official Post

You don`t need any port open to view oscam webinfo or CCcaminfo within your own network.. Only open these ports if you are trying to connect from outside your network..

Did you visit Canyouseeme.org website and test the sharing port ?

You didn`t say which router you have so we have no way of knowing where to look.. Search in the settings for Dynamic DNS..

Download the free update client from where ever you created your dynamic hostname..

• Thanks master G. I am with UPC in Ireland and the router is a Technicolor TC7200.U I am with no-ip. Would i get the DNS settings there and then set them on the server ? Really sorry for being such a thicko !!!

• Official Post

Thanks master G. I am with UPC in Ireland and the router is a Technicolor TC7200.U I am with no-ip. Would i get the DNS settings there and then set them on the server ? Really sorry for being such a thicko !!!

Setup the No-ip update client in Ubuntu like this;

From a command prompt you just need to enter this command:

Code
    sudo apt-get install noip2

Earlier distributions may need to replace the “noip2” with just “no-ip”

After entering the command, you will be prompted for the root/admin password for that machine. If all goes well the package will be downloaded and installed on your computer. On most systems you will then be prompted for your No-IP.com account information. If so:

Enter your username or email address
    Enter your password
    Leave 30 as the default for update interval
    Enter in a host name that exists in your account (do not leave this blank)
    Enter your network device name (example: eth0)

That`s it, the software will then configure itself and will launch at the next restart of the computer.

Below is a Youtube video that demonstrates the installation and setup..

• Thanks a lot for the help. Just to clarify, even if I can access the internet on my server, I should still download and install the No-ip update client in Ubuntu ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!