Flashing a backup image

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 442 times. The last Post () by Clyde.

• Morning all

I have a solo2 with vix3.0 build 808 I used vix to backup my image to hdd and it has worked fine.
    I want to flash my mates box with my backup image how do I do this?
    I have FTP the backup from my hdd to the desktop and extracted the file.

File name vusolo2-3.0.808-2014-01-20_21-44.tar
    Folders extracted etc temp usr

Do I need to create a folder call vu plus and place etc temp usr into it? Or just place the vusolo2-3.0.808-2014-01-20_21-44.tar onto a USB and flash my mates box

Steve

• Ok there will be a folder on your HDD inside the box named "imagebackups" in here you will find the full backup file of the image (should be named vusolo2-3.0.808......) , ftp this over to your pc or lappy via ftp.

Now depending on whether you use WinRAR or winzip etc you will need to extract the "vuplus" folder from the zip or rar file, right click on it and select extract here, you should now have the folder named vuplus on your desktop. This is the folder that you would put on a usb stck and flash your friends box with as per the normal flashing procedure.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!