AutoBouquetsMaker/Channel Problems

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 976 times. The last Post () by daz974.

• Hi

I'm a complete newbie to all of this, so apologies in advance.

I've recently bought the VU+ Duo, running VIX 3.0. I've downloaded the VIX channel list, and have AutoBouquetsMaker installed (set to update daily). I'm also running MGcamd soft cam. Although this receiver is a twin tuner, I only have one feed and believe I have configured the tuner correctly.

I am struggling to get some channels. All of the music channels have no picture and the sound is the same on all channels. Other channels will work one day and not the next, especially with sports/movies. Am I missing some settings, or is this a satellite/soft cam issue?

Hope you can help, and that I've provided all the required information.

Thanks in advanced.

• Official Post

Backup your own mg_cfg and use the attached one.. That should sort out any softcam configuration..

What SNR (signal strength) does it show on the infobar for the music channels ?

The AutoBouquetsMaker should have tuned in all channels.. You can try the attached channel list to see if it makes any difference..

Wrong audio on music channels with open vix 3.0

If the above doesn`t resolve your issues then it will be a problem with the server you use..

• Hi

Thanks for your quick response. I will give it a go tonight and report back in a couple of days to give it time to see whether the channels remain or vanish etc.
    I can't see the SNR on the info bar. I checked in settings, using sat finder, while on the music channels (hope this is the correct signal for the channel I'm watching) which said 73%. BBC 1 said 91%

• Official Post

If you post your tuner config, others can check that you have done it properly. The one with no feed should be set to loop through to tuner *, or set as not configured. Internal loop throug is supported on teh image you are using. Replace * with tuner A or B, whichever has the satellite feed.

You can enable the "second info bar" if you want to show the signal details.
    Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > Settings >

• Hi

After updating the mg_cfg file and the MGcamd files the problem seems to be fixed. I am unsure whether I updated the catseys settings, or how to check which settings are being used. All channels, including the music have video and the correct audio. Watching a movie channel tonight, it did freeze occasionally, however I believe this would be a server issue rather than a box/settings issue. Channels used to be intermittent, and not work the day after I had successfully watched them, so will check again tomorrow too.

Tuner settings are as follows:

TunerA

Configuration mode: simple
    Satellite: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F
    DiSEqC: No

Tuner B
    Not configured.

I do also remember setting something with ABM so it knew there was only one tuner present.

The VU+ Duo is a really good box, and I am really pleased with it. It does have lots of menu settings, so I appreciate all the help!

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!