Just bought a Slybox f5s For the mother-in-law...

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 652 times. The last Post () by 12sec1/4.

• The mother-in-law wants her Greek TV in her bedroom...

So got her a new TV, Just got her an F5s for the bedroom and also bought an Inverto ultra quad for the dish...

She's got a crappy horrible unuser friendly STB in the front room that is only ever on RIK sat (I really can't be assed to do anything to it)!

So, I've just sussed out (I think) that the F5s is also referred to as an Openbox?
    I'm assuming there isn't as many images avalble for this STB?

All I want to do on it is be able to move the dish and get her Greek TV (Hotbird I think...) What is the best image to use on it for user friendlyness?

Cheers...

P.s......... Did I make a bad choice with the F5s??? I know it's dirty cheap... £45 delivered from Ebay...

• Hello buddy, I have moved your post to the openbox support section so this answers one question for you..

Have a look here: OpenBox F Series Firmware these are all the firmware (images) that are available on this forum for this box.

Regards your choice, well you get what you pay for basically.... it's a client box only so you are going to be limited as to what it can do.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Most of the Greek stuff is on 13e (N0va) and 9e (OTE) although both services are encrypted. OTE is as far as i am aware not available on CS as it uses a version of NDS that cannot be opened with any public version of OSCam, or any private one come to think of it. N0va uses Ird€to with SIDLOCK technology which will lock the card if too many channel SIDS are requested from it within a certain time, although people using MULTICS and CSP have managed to get round this by sharing certain SIDS with other users which eventually makes up the whole package.
    N0va can be found from certain peers although its not as readily available as other packages from other countries.

Nano

• Thanks for moving the post and answering those questions...

And Thanks Nano... A lot of that went over my head, however I'll be using what you said for homework! Nothing like a bit of research to kick start tomorrow ;)

She currently just watches fta channels but if I can fix it for her I'll do my best to as she's a great mother-in-law...
    She's after Cypriot channels but also welcomes the Greek ones. I'm not sure how to find people that will share the channel info but hopefully over time I'll build some allies on her.
    Knowledge is power! :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!