Cheapest linux twin tuner receiver.

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,884 times. The last Post () by Madhatter.

• Hello to everyone in this wonderful satellite forum.
    I want to buy a linux twin tuner box possibly with t2 tuner as well but unfortunetly my bydget is only 90 pounds.
    Is there any cheap linux within 90 pounds?
    I know very well that vu solo 2 or vu duo2 are receivers to have but i cant afford buying them.
    I might have to go for clone linux which i dont like but i have no other choice.
    What do you suggest me?

• as fraggle says, save for a while and get a proper receiver instead of a clone, if you spend your max £90 on a clone that dies after 6 weeks, then you have nothing, save for a few months and get an original receiver

the Alien2 triple tuner receivers are around £160, and these run enigma2 as well as their spark os

• as fraggle says, save for a while and get a proper receiver instead of a clone, if you spend your max £90 on a clone that dies after 6 weeks, then you have nothing, save for a few months and get an original receiver

the Alien2 triple tuner receivers are around £160, and these run enigma2 as well as their spark os

Amiko are you sure thats good advice :67:

• I know that 90 pounds are not enough for a quality original linux box .
    It looks to wait more and try to save but damn it is impossible to save in my country.
    What to do?
    I like to watch footy.
    Anybody have experience on spark recievers.
    Are they any good cos seem to be cheaper then vu+ boxes or dreamboxes?

Try stretch your funds and get an xpeed lx2 thats worth the money and about the best low price twin

I dont bother to have 2 s2 tuners.
    Only 1 s2 tuner and T2 tuner
    j

• If you buy a cheap box youll get headaches , one other thing these boxes are not magic , you do need a card or a share to get them to open premium channels I hope you are aware of this , it wont be the first time someone has just thought the box does everything

• I wouldn't go anywhere near the Amiko Alien2 full stop. There has to be a reason why they are so cheap for such an apparently well specified receiver.

If you want a decent receiver get one with a MIPS cpu. I would rather buy an old used twin tuner MIPS based box than a brand new Amiko Alien 2.

Nano

No way nearer as good as a proper E2 box. The venton are in the OP range and mucher better box with more support and images out there.

ALieb verses E2 is like shire horse V thoroughbred in a 100m race

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!