Is One Of My Tuners Dead?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 718 times. The last Post () by erinville.

• Vu + Duo.

If I put one co axial lead into both lnb inputs, one at a time, I can get a picture. When I try the second co axial lead in both lnb inputs I get 0% signal. Both tuners are set to single & simple at 28.2 East. The strange thing is that at the same time my recordings started acting up. If I record a programme, when I go to fast forward during the ads the receiver stalls with a spinning clock for about 5 minutes. Also if I mount the HDD & record a programme, the same thing happens with the spinning clock even when I am watching a recording. The mount then fails & I have to re mount all over again. I wonder if the two problems are related.

• Your box should auto select a tuner so only put one cable to a tuner and try for picture then do the same on the second tuner if it works on either its not your tuner itll be the lnb or the cable , if both feeds from the dish work one at a time on a tuner ,there is a good chance its the lnb and not cable ,,, first make sure no outer braid is in contact wth the singer in the center of the cable on all connections , most boxes have short circuit protection to prevent damage of tuners so unlikely its a tuner

• if the one cable is fine in both tuners, and the other cable is dead in both tuners, then you have used whats known as the 'split method' process of fault finding, you have shown using one cable that both tuners are fine, the other cable is dead, this points to either that cable, the connections on that cable, or the LNB (if its a twin output lnb)

assuming you have a single fixed dish outside, plug BOTH cables back in, and take a note of which tuner shows a signal, go to the dish, and swap the connections around on the LNB, if you have a quad LNB, ensure you use the same 2 connections for now

if tuner1 had a signal, and still has a signal after swapping the cables around, then its a problem with the cable (or the connections on the cable) thats plugged into the input marked tuner2

if tuner 1 had a signal, and after swapping the cables around tuner2 has a signal, then its a problem with the LNB, if you have a quad LNB, then use the free outputs and youll be back up and running (assuming theyre ok)

• I did a test using an old *** box & using the cable which was not bringing in any picture I got picture & sound for a few seconds. So, I then knew it wasn't the tuner. I followed the cable backwards & found to my horror that a very heavy cabinet was resting on the lead, so it's just a matter of cutting the cable behind where it was flattened. The recording problem is strange though because I have mounted the internal HDD & an external HDD at different times & initialised them. I wonder if it is a hardware problem with the receiver as the odds of both HDDs being faulty are very big.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!