Channels are Ok in official Solo 2 Firmware but...

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,019 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I am new to Linux receivers ,I am expericining stange problem
    When I scan with the official Vu+ firware ,all channels scanned Ok and no problem.
    When I use any of BH or Vix images with ftp last Satalites.xml,There are many channels lost especially HBO HD "my favorites " hotbird 13E
    I even extracted Satalites.xml from the offical Vu+ image and ftp to BH and Vix,again those channels are missed.
    The problem that I wanna use CCcam and I donno if it is supported in the official Vu+ or not.

Help me plz to get the missed channels or use CCcam in the official imag:23_002:e

Sorry for my

• Ok, I think you should reflash the box with ViX again, this is a very good image for a new user of a Linux receiver. When you have Vix installed if you select the plugins menu and then press the green button on your remote this will take you to a menu where you can then select settings. In here you will find plenty of ready made channel lists which you can install directly to your solo2.

Try this and let us know how you get on, there are other ways to install channel lists but this is a easy way to get going. You would really be limiting the potential of your solo2 by using the official firmware for it.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok, I think you should reflash the box with ViX again, this is a very good image for a new user of a Linux receiver. When you have Vix installed if you select the plugins menu and then press the green button on your remote this will take you to a menu where you can then select settings. In here you will find plenty of ready made channel lists which you can install directly to your solo2.

Try this and let us know how you get on, there are other ways to install channel lists but this is a easy way to get going. You would really be limiting the potential of your solo2 by using the official firmware for it.

Thank you very much for ur support..I did exactly what u said
    I installed one of the ready made channel list,and Wow , Now I can see the missed channels but when i select one of them ,I got the the msg " Tune failed"
    the rest i the ordinary channels r working with no problem
    help me man :(

• What date was on the channel list you installed?? could be the channel you are getting tune failed on has changed frequency from when the list was made.

Try installing our Addons Panel: Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin

It has channel lists that you can install straight onto your solo2. Try a few different ones until you get what you need.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• What date was on the channel list you installed?? could be the channel you are getting tune failed on has changed frequency from when the list was made.

Try installing our Addons Panel: Linuxsat-Support-Addons Plugin

It has channel lists that you can install straight onto your solo2. Try a few different ones until you get what you need.

I installed the addons , but I can't find 13 E hotbird in the list
    now I am trying to download and install new list like the way I did before,I get errors because the system can not overwrite the old one..How can I uninstall the old list ?

• In ViX goto the addons panel again, menu/plugins red button. remove plugins....

I tried most of ready made channel lists with no luck ...same msg " tune failed" :(
    This is driving me crazy as the official firmware can catch the missed channels with no problem
    Help :((

• I tried most of ready made channel lists with no luck ...same msg " tune failed" :(
    This is driving me crazy as the official firmware can catch the missed channels with no problem
    Help :((

sounds like you dont have the tuner configurations setup properly or the configs are sending the dish off slightly.
    Are you using a motor?? tell us your complete setup (image version, dish,lnb,motor?? ) so something might occur to somebody...

• sounds like you dont have the tuner configurations setup properly or the configs are sending the dish off slightly.
    Are you using a motor?? tell us your complete setup (image version, dish,lnb,motor?? ) so something might occur to somebody...

Image : Vix 3.0.808
    NO Motor ,No DISEqC,Single LNB 13 E

• to clear all lists from previous settings, telnet this command :

Code
    rm -f -r /etc/enigma2/blacklist /etc/enigma2/lamedb /etc/enigma2/satellites.xml /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml /etc/enigma2/whitelist /etc/enigma2/*.tv /etc/enigma2/*.radio

but if you have tried any of the ready made channel settings off our LSS addons then it would automatically eliminate/replace older settings.
    If you go into menu-service searching - satfinder ¿ have you got a good strong signal locked on hotburd 13ºE ???
    if so ,then just automatically scan the whole sat,it will take a few mins ..

• Image : Vix 3.0.808
    NO Motor ,No DISEqC,Single LNB 13 E

Many Thaanks guys:17_002:
    Finally solved ! The problem is my dish,I switched to a bigger one and now it can catch the missed channels in all images with no problem.It was just a matter of LUCK to catch all channels with the official firmware as when I tried to scan again with the official firmware & the small dish,it couldn't catch all channels.

Sorry for being that dump :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!