LNB Passthrough?

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 957 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• HI, Im hoping someone can help answer a a question for me. I currently have a VU+ Solo2 connected to a 1m Motorised System with a single LNB.

Can i use the passthrough to a 2nd receiver (TM5402HD) and have BOTH receivers powered on at the same time? I understand im limited on the 2nd box to the same transponder, but can i record on both receivers at the same time or not?

I know the 1st box (VU+) is using the 12v to the LNB to drive the motor, but if i set the 2nd box (TM5402) to not drive anything, is this possible.?

Im basically wanting to record 2 channels from both boxes to make a comparison recording, obviously i realise i can actually record more than 1 channel on just the VU+ if its on the same transponder/polarity, but id like to have both boxes record at the same time for some comparison work with the actual record quality and stream?

Im still waiting for my sat engineer to get some free time and come fit me a twin LNB and then my problems are solved, but will this suffice as a temporary measure?

thanks for all your help

jorrell xx

• I dont think the solo2 has passthrough as I understand it has a doubletuner...¿¿??
    so try it the other way around assuming that the TM does have a passthrough.
    if you are using a single LNB for both stbs then you can only use one stb at a time (either the master (1st stb) or the slave ( 2nd stb)..

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!