nothing will update

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,425 times. The last Post () by scottyg789.

• I have this image on my dreambox EstarSIM.OpenPLI.2.1.800SE.SSL84b.Media Portal IPTV Special By Ferret but there are a few things wrong with this openwebif dont work the clock is always set to 00:00 and when i go to plugins and press the green button to update the answer i always get the message wget:server error: http/1.1 404 not found. ive opkg update via telnet and still the same problem can anybody help please

• is the stb connecting to internet and communicating OK ??
    can you confirm a ping test?
    the clock should update from a sat signal.
    personally I would flash a clean image and install my own fav plugins etc.

• You will need to update the image by using the Web Interface.

Make sure the box is connected to the same router as your pc. Switch the box off, hold the power button in and then switch the power on whilst still holding the button down until you see something like

***Stop***

When you see that, what ever the IP address is above ***Stop*** type that IP address into internet explorer on your PC and you should see the web interface. You can update the image from there. Full details can be found from the url below

Code
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-flashing-firmware-browser

Make sure you back up all your cccam/mgcamd or oscam files before you do as these will be overwritten when the new firmware installs.

Make sure you use the right image. You can find loads of good images on this forum

http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=557

These images are for an Estar DM800Se receiver. Make sure you select the right image for your box as i will not be held responsible if you wreck your box by installing an image not made for your receiver.

Nano

• the internet is connecting to the stb fine and would you beable to point me in the right direction on a clean image not to bothered in plugins only use epg thanks

• Read Nano´s post #3 with special attention.
    He is an owner and very experienced so you can trust 100% his instructions.
    he has given you a link to images and the exact information you need to get up and running again buddy ;)

• That is providing the receiver he has is definitely a DM800Se. I am only saying that as the DM800HD is also available with ESTAR sim. I don't think the box would accept the wrong image but just in case i would recommend you double check first.

To be honest i would give something like the Dream Elite image ago, although for pure simplicity and reliability you cannot go wrong with the EDG Nemesis images. The EDG images are quite old now but function well and leave room for plugins. The newer O.E 2.0 images use up far top much memory and run a little slower than the older O.E 1.6 images.

Do not update any image from within the menus of any firmware as 99% of the time the firmware is altered to allow it to run on your box. Any firmware update from the firmwares menu usually is for a genuine box update so you can end up with a No CA error.

You can convert Genuine images to run on an ESTAR box using the firmware below.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=13758

Make sure you use the right one for O.E 2.0 and O.E 1.6 images.

I have no idea how successful the converted programs are as my 800Se is not an ESTAR receiver so i have nothing to test them with.

Nano

Edited 3 times, last by nano ().

• just install your personal configurations back to whichever emulator you were using in the previous image.
    Only you know what you were using in the previous image..
    if you still need more help then you need to give as much info of your setup as possible leaving out any personal details

• ok ive run in to bit off bother when i go and re flash my image with the ip for box when in stop mode i put the ip in web browser why does it come up dreambox webcontrol

• ok ive run in to bit off bother when i go and re flash my image with the ip for box when in stop mode i put the ip in web browser why does it come up dreambox webcontrol

more than likely it is defaulting to IP:80 ( port 80 is default for webcontrol)
    follow Nano´s instructions again in post #3 :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!