Downgrading 8.1 to XP

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 495 times. The last Post () by sage79.

• Hey guys, I'm trying to downgrade my laptop to xp so I can try and unbrick a vu solo but I can't install xp for some reason....I got the disc in but the option of installing is blacked out but other things like browse cd works, I try check compatibly and again it's blacked out not lettin me to check. Does anyone have any suggestion?? Should downgrade to 7 then try again??

Thanks

• Hey guys, I'm trying to downgrade my laptop to xp so I can try and unbrick a vu solo but I can't install xp for some reason....I got the disc in but the option of installing is blacked out but other things like browse cd works, I try check compatibly and again it's blacked out not lettin me to check. Does anyone have any suggestion?? Should downgrade to 7 then try again??

Thanks

Boot from the xp disk and install it ,you should then have a dual boot system where youl get the choice of win 8 aqnd xp make sure you install xp in a new location and dont format youll be asked about previuos versions of windows im sure been a while since ive done it ,youtube will also have a video somewhere for this cant remember all the specifics but its easy done

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!