I just switched to DD-WRT alternative firmware

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,150 times. The last Post () by satlan.

• Hi guys,

I am experiencing an issue with 1 client, who stays connected with my server regardless of the fact, that he is not in my config.user file. I was hoping that certain parameters (failbancount = 5, failbantime = 1440) in oscam.conf would solve the problem, but apparently they did not. My FAILBAN shows several IPs but this particular one successfully defends from being sent to ban list.

This is how WEBIF console shows my clients section
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    c 9 0 0 89.1XX.XX0.84 1151 newcamd (unknown - please report) 04.02.1201 :04 :29 00:00:01 0000:0000 00:00:01 OK
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basing on my observations, above IP does not change and somehow easily connects to my server.

Do you have any idea how to permanently block this IP? Does OSCAM allow to ban specific IP addresses?

I am looking forward your advice.

BR

• hi,

not sure it will work but have you tried to create a (disabled) account for this user with :

hostname = 89.1XX.XX0.84
    failban = 2

It's not working :( still can see this chap being logged in....

• best way mate i use a tomato router just for this

I just switched to DD-WRT alternative firmware - seems much more functional in comparison with the original one.

Anyway, if any of you encounters similar issue, just use the functions delivered by you own router. It works 100%...

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!