Really frustrated about flashing my original DM500HD - Please help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 942 times. The last Post () by dbstaff.

• Hi dear people...i hope a kind sole could help me do the right thing to get me DM500HD running again...My problem is to flash a correct image and get Cccam installed...thats it! But i am confused about bootloader version?, image with or without bootloader included? and so on. So could anyone guide me all the way to get a good image installed and CCcam to? Thank you so much in advance!!

• if you start it with the power button held in it will show you in green writing on the tv screen which bootloader it has. Images with the bootloader included are for clones. the newest images will need the newest bootloader. you can find the newest images in the 500 hd original section on here

• If its a genuine box it shouldn't be an issue. If the firmware you are trying to load is using an older bootloader the receiver will reject it before you flash it to the box. Make sure you use genuine firmware and not an image for a clone as it will cause either a No CA error or a second stage error.

Nano

• @Nano...when ever you have the time, could you help me a little further...I know how to flash and all both with dreamUp and Browser, but It just doesn't work out for me. 1. If I turn On the box with the front power button held in...it DOES NOT show me the green text with image info and IP address?? MIT only did that the FIRST TIME before I flashed Gemini 5.10 image to it...so maybe that Gemini is NOT a compatible image (I don't know) but anyway the box can still turn on fine and go to flash mode, I just need a compatible image with possible Cccam install and don't know where to find it mate :( can you help? regards

• Hi Nano...finally got home from work and want to try the zip file you did send to me, but why can't i see you last reply in this thread in here?? -just got an forum email notification that you had replied this thread...but you reply is not in here...you know why champ??

• That reply was meant for a different thread. Thats the joys of opening several threads at the same time.

If you are 100% sure your box is genuine then have a look here for images.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=8527

If you want a good stable image that has an active addons server that includes emus then i would try Powerboard Enigma VX. You will find it from the link above or if you want a more upto date one just google Powerbaord Enigma and have a look there.

I've been using Powerboard images since the days of my old Nokia dBox2. Every Enigma 1 and Enigma 2 receiver i have ever owned has at some point run a Powerboard image.

If you want a stable image you cannot really beat EDG Nemesis. Its an old image but is as stable as you like. My DM800Se has been up for over a month now with no reboot, there's not many images that can do that with out playing up.

You can also find EDG Nemesis from the link above too.

You will need the extra URL to access the addons server with active emus. You can find that info here

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=50962&p=179991&viewfull=1#post179991

Nano

• Hi nano -i did find an image from your link that had bootloader included and now everything just plays :) So thank you very very much for helping me out here :) You're a big star in my family now :) :) Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!