Accessing webif from outside network.

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,404 times. The last Post () by seasider.

• Hey guys, is there a guide anywhere to help me set up webif to use outside my network? I've read various threads and posts around the net and not completely sure I'm going about it the right way. This is what I've done so far...

Got a dyndns account and put my solo2 IP as host name IP address.

Forwarded port 80 and port 8002 on my modem

Put my solo2 IP in my dmz setting on my modem.

I then type my dyndns host address into my browser at work and get 404 page not found.

Where am I going wrong?

Cheers

Cheers

• You don't put a IP addy into the dyndns host bud, your dyndns host address will allow access to your home network/server from outside so that when your ip provider changes your ip addy (which they do regularly) the host updates with it so that you can still connect. Your dyndns name will need to be added in the router somewhere, if you want to access your duo from outside then you would open the port in your router that you have set in the openwebif settings, then in your router you assign the ip addy of the duo to that port in your router. Then you use the dyndns host address with the port number on the end if it to access that device from outside your network.

i.e http://yourhostname.dyndns.org:12345

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Cheers mate. So I don't enter anything onto my dyndns account other than choosing a host name?

I then type this host name into my dyndns tab on my router.

Forward the port I've chose to my solo2 IP

Then type my host name into a browser with the port number at the end and it should work?

• Yep that's basically it bud, when you choose a host name your dyndns will pick up the ip addy being provided by your isp, one thing to watch though, not all routers update the dyndns automatically, you may need to use the dyndns updater every few days to keep everything working normally.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Choose "host with ip address"

Below this you should see a box with ip address( it will be blank), below this is a click link with this message "Your current location's IP address is xx.xxx.xxx.xxx" click on this and the ip address will fill in the empty box above...

fI7WHhv.png

Edited once, last by mckee25 ().

• Hi Guys
    Im trying do this as well but still no joy
    I have a port open in my router which is for my solo 2 am I right in thinking I can use the same port for Open Webinfo
    and can I use the same host name as my solo 2

Cheers

• You should use a different port for your webinfo... I assume the port you have open now is your sharing port???

You only need to use the one host name yes

fI7WHhv.png

• Afternoon chaps
    ok I have managed to get webinfo going on my 4g price plan on my iphone network to my laptop but windows media player wont play how can I get it to play

also I thought that if I could get it to work of my phone internet which is a separate IP addy then all I would have to do when I goto my sisters house would be enter my dyns name and port then it would open webinfo there but it doesn't any ideas chaps

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!