How to get 2-4 Dreamboxes on 1 sattelite ?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,321 times. The last Post () by romman.

• Hello i whas wondering how i could have 2-4 dreamboxes on the same sattelite is that possibel to "Tune" the power in the cabel, and what do i need to do it ? :)

My setup looks like this atm.

Pictures:

Best regards.
    Kasper

• For 2-4 Dreamboxes working off the one dish you would need a quad lnb m8...

That way you could watch different channels off the one satellite on the 2-4 boxes...

If one box is only going to be used at a time, you could just split the co-ax four different ways using a splitter but i wouldnt recommend that..

Looking at your first pic you also have 2 lnbs so would you want the two lnbs working on every box?

If so you would need a quad lnb and a 2 way diseqc switch for every box...

• So my setup would look like this?

2x quad lnb's and for every Dreambox i whant online i need a cabel from both lnb's and then to 1 diseqc to 1 dreambox.
    and the same setup every time i whant a new dreambox on the same sattelite ?

• Bit of a plummers nightmare you have mate lol.... for the record you cannot split signals from a sk_y dish whatsoever mate especially a single/dual or quad lnb as you will recieve nothing!!!!

You can however split communial system lines but you do lose polarities while doing this but as yours is a residential system this is not possible.

Scenario.... lets say you have 2 single feed boxes and you want to supply them with 2 seperate satellites,,your dish looks like it has a double lnb option as glen says(not monoblock) so you will need 2 x dual lnbs aligned on each satellite,, 1 feed from each to 2 seperate two way diseqc switches gives that option.

If you have 4 single tuner dreamboxes and you want all 4 viewing 2 birds you will need 4 X 2 way diseqc switches and 2 quad lnbs.

Never ever try and split a sk_y feed....its pointless and you will be waisting your time and materials.

Recievers send voltages to the lnb on standard systems which is why normal splitters will fail!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!