mgcamd + cccam puzzle, experts please read

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,071 times. The last Post () by Bigupdaduck.

• I will try an keep this short.
    I have vu duo, latest vix, cccam 2.3.0, mgcamd 1.38c, cline and nline in cccam and mgcamd respectively.
    I'm running both emus side by side, but the question is, how do I get these 2 connected simultaneously for freeze free viewing????

Here is what happens, start cccam, start mgcamd, the 2 work together and I can see it switches between them seamlessly every 5 to 15 secs or so, which is perfect, but when I change channel, the cccam takes charge and the mgcamd seems to go to sleep, although it is still running.
    I thought this could be solved with some mg_cfg tweaking but so far I'm yet to find the solution.
    I thought I had done it when I spotted flag R which is "re-read files on channel change" but sadly it made no difference.

Does anyone have an idea what I could try? If I want it work as I like I have to restart mgcamd on each channel change which is really inconvenient.
    I was using mgcamd 1.35a originally but it's the same result.

I will paste my mg_cfg file if it helps.
    Also, just to clarify, if I stop cccam the mgcamd does work well on its own so I know my config is ok.
    Thanks in advance

• Thanks for replying, i appreciate your feedback but i disagree with your statement, please see attached video (had to rar to upload), it shows the switching I describe, with it like this it is flawless for hours on end (my isp dependent of course), if i go cccam solo, i get the odd micro glitch which doesnt matter too much, and if it freezes about 10 sec disruption while it reconnects, if i use mgcamd solo, similar thing, the odd micro glitch, with the freezes maybe 3 or 4 secs before it logs back in.

So I just wonder why mgcamd takes a back seat with a channel change.

thanks again

• Just put your nline and cline in cccam thats the best thing you can do to simplify things

Thanks for the reply, I had both in cccam which works well, but the switch between servers has a freeze.
    Also had both in mgcamd, similar thing, less than seamless switchover.

That's why I like both in separate emus.

I have seen a plugin called alternative softcam manager, I can't find it to try cos I wonder if this might make any difference, can anyone confirm it works differently?

Thanks

• Also had both in mgcamd, similar thing, less than seamless switchover.

Thanks

What are you using/2 payserver lines? your video shows hop2 on cccam too dude.

If your using commercial lines then i am not sure what help you will continue to recieve?

Can you post your full mg_cfg file that you used these 2 connections in.

MK

• Put both lines in for mgcamd

N: in Newcamd.list
    C: in cccamd,list

Thanks for replying, I have used this before but I noticed it really just uses the c or n line as defined in the mg_cfg script...
    # network shares priority
    # 00 gbox, newcamd, cccamd, radegast, camd3 (default)
    # 01 camd3, radegast, cccamd, gbox, newcamd
    # 02 cccamd, newcamd, camd3, gbox, radegast
    P: { 00 }

As an experiment I have modified the binary of mgcamd 1.38 to use a differently named script so I could run 2 instances of the emu 1 for c and the other for n, it worked but it seemed to only use the emu which was last started.
    The testing continues.
    Lol

• I don't know if anyone is interested but..... as I mentioned in my last post on this thread I have a modified version of mgcamd which uses a different cfg script, well I continued my testing and it actually works flawlessly, 1 line in each version of mgcamd and they both stay connected simultaneously for endless hours of glitch free viewing.
    I will create a new thread with all the files needed to do it if anyone wants to try it.

• Ok , if n line and c line have the same caid can make prob ,

try use only c line on cccam or n line or in mgcam c or n

• Thanks for posting the alternative softcam manager, but I couldn't get it to work with that one, I don't know where I got the one that worked from, but I will try and find it and post it if I find it.

• I know this is a very old thread but having read it I was wondering if freerider or anyone else could give an update on whether this worked. I have been searching for the last few days for info on this very subject.

• I'm thinking the same thing. My hope is that running multiple emus simultaneously will reduce the possibility of glitches and freezes (as one cam will carry the other if it fails).

A reply as to whether it's possible and that it worked well would be highly appreciated prior to me attempting it :-)

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!