vu+duo2

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,521 times. The last Post () by MattOsprey.

• hi guys. im thinking of buying the vu+duo2 and was looking for advice on which image to go for. ive been trying to read up on vix and blackhole but im no better off. Does anyone know if there is one better than the other for watching one channel and recording another also if one is more user friendly for newbies. thanks and look forward to other ppls thoughts. ps a good epg is a must

• jeesh i thought these forums were supposed to help now im even more confused. seems to be that more ppl think the vu solo 2 is the better faster box than the vu+duo2 and i read somewhere else that the sly f5 has better pic quality than both the vu boxes. is there any better boxes than the vu's pic quality is a must.

• i feel the solo 2 boots faster also but its a second or 2 at the most never timed it , i also fell the f5 box is a good picture but its all negligible there has been opinion the other way also never used the advanced settings for picture on the vu+ box though to try improve things as there is little in it and possibly an opinion best tested on the same tv with both boxes , you will run rings round yourself if you look too hard
    :snicker:

• things to consider

make =image support and product support
    flash =space for plugins/picons
    ram =speed
    cpu= speed
    tuner=number you can use +dvb-t if needed

the rest you need to work out if you want blackhole you need vu+ boxes

• £350 for a £500 setup is a give away! :snicker:

Had mine almost a year and itching for new horizions now. So it too may be up for grabs soon.

Currently playing with ATV which is rapidly becoming my new image of choice.............................just can't stop fiddling but then isn't that what this hobby is all about?

• What box is better than a Duo2 or at least worth selling a Duo 2 to get?

Depends on what you mean better from which point of view....
    performance wise i don´t think there is anything apart from its younger brother the solo2.
    of course I love the vu+ specs.. but at the moment just about everything has been done
    ( unles some team comes up with a "dual boot" system or similar to give us something new to play round with...)
    but if its to toy around with now ,, then thats a different story... there are so many...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!