QOS on DD-WRT Router

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,545 times. The last Post () by ddaddy.

• Hi all and thanks for looking.
    Im looking advice on setting up QOS for my server on a DLINK616 with the custom firmware already installed.
    I have a connection of 37mb down and 8mb up i would ideally like to give the server a dedicated 17mb down and 2mb up but as i use the server as a media server etc i still want the giga connection to it from other machines.
    The problem is when i set it up to do this it slows the connection to everything else down.
    Anyone any idea what im missing, i know its something simple lol, i added a pic for those that may not have seen this particular router but have setup qos on something else.

• you need to setup for wlan and lan as you are using qos on your local network . Also you need to define the services etc by adding new ones. You are also able to assign mac priority and lan port priority with dd-wrt.

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Multipack, here are my settings for 50MB virgin.
    I use MAC addresses for the Playstation and XBox as I haven't given them static IP's.
    The every other device I have has it's own IP address.
    You just set what type of priority you want to give each device.

I set my digibox's as Exempt, so they get all the bandwidth they need (They dont use much anyway).
    Then the games consoles get Premium.
    And my computers get Standard. That way if i'm downloading a large file, it doesn't affect my son on his playstation (He used to drive me potty asking me to stop downloading when his game kept cutting out.)

Obviously you'll need to change the bandwidth figures. Do a speed test to get yours, then use about 85% of what it gives you.
    qos.jpg

• The hardest part for me was getting the bandwidth figures correct. If they are too high, QoS wont do anything. Too low and you can really throttle your bandwidth.
    The figures to me looked like they had 1 too many zero's in, but if I took 1 away I got 10x less bandwidth, so they must be right.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!