cccam - just the basic's - please....

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,823 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Official Post

F: test test 1 0 0 put in like this but work also like test test i think

I think you have misunderstood the original post here.

Many thanks. Ill post back tomorrow....can I put the command in without adding the card...or will it error...?

To see the card the reader path should be enough, there are others to improve performance, ecm time ect, but thats another thread.
    This is my opinion only & bound to upset a few, but i do not think anyone should share a freeview card, this is based on people advertising a certain card to make their servers appear more attractive to potential peers but upon testing you soon discover 95% of ecm from their card is bad.
    So my point is if you do share this card please state what it opens when looking for peers & most importantly use
    CCcam SID Assign as otherwise a freeview card is bad news to any other who monitors their server.

• oh - another question - i can get hold of an old DB7000 - if i want to add a second receiver/technically a third do i have to add another line or can i copy the config file (from the 1st client receiver) to the second??

• Yup - that works...this keeps getting better all the time - ive managed to get hold of my mates 7025 and upgrade the second stage bootloader and use one of the brand new images through barry allen....great!

I have a couple of general questions now (all regarding the same thing)

1. My vu is running as the ccam server - how much resource does it take to run it (is it heavy on the os or does it handle it without batting an eyelid?)
    2. As all of this is happening on my local lan (all hardwired) how many receivers can i run internally? wife, 3 kids etc etc - id give anything not to watch the suite life of zack and cody in my sitting room!!
    3. ive read lots of posts with regards to people kind of tuning the settings (is this because most people share out through the router) is that the bottleneck - or is the bottleneck the cpu on the serving receiver??

thanks to anyone that can answer those....and again thanks to all that have helped....

• Official Post

Yup - that works...this keeps getting better all the time - ive managed to get hold of my mates 7025 and upgrade the second stage bootloader and use one of the brand new images through barry allen....great!

I have a couple of general questions now (all regarding the same thing)

1. My vu is running as the ccam server - how much resource does it take to run it (is it heavy on the os or does it handle it without batting an eyelid?)

I know of people running cccam on a duo with 50 peers so resource is not really an issue here.

2. As all of this is happening on my local lan (all hardwired) how many receivers can i run internally? wife, 3 kids etc etc - id give anything not to watch the suite life of zack and cody in my sitting room!!

As many connections as your router allows for, You think zak & cody is bad my mrs insists on watching every single episode of come dine with me grrrrrrrrr.

3. ive read lots of posts with regards to people kind of tuning the settings (is this because most people share out through the router) is that the bottleneck - or is the bottleneck the cpu on the serving receiver??

Not sure what you are asking here,if you are looking for info on how to maximize your servers performance all the info you need is already here in the c/s & cccam sections.

• Ah - ok - i think i was getting mixed up with question number 1.....

Next question....obviously its working...scheming with my mate who i work with.....if it can service that many connections then if i share a couple out.....mother in law, mate at work....all they need in their cline is my gateway address and i set a route up on that to forward ports into my vu....is it as simple as that??

• Official Post

Ah - ok - i think i was getting mixed up with question number 1.....

Next question....obviously its working...scheming with my mate who i work with.....if it can service that many connections then if i share a couple out.....mother in law, mate at work....all they need in their cline is my gateway address and i set a route up on that to forward ports into my vu....is it as simple as that??

Yes that's pretty much it mate, open a port in the router and forward to vu and your good to go.

• Just thought id chime back in to say thanks, im up and running and i was testing one of my boxes coming in through my router which is working fine.....more questions though (probably easy for you to answer)

1. whats the hopping thing about (why would you need it...)

2. Coining a crappy phrase "everyone is doing it" but....more to the point what about traceability....first and foremost a client receiver is share from the serving device over the net theres going to be a constant stream of traffic. Is that traffic decodable? is it traceable? what are the risks....+ obviously your/my/anyone router setup to do this is running an open port so it that subject to attack/compromise?

Not really fault finding questions but more just for my own learning/knowledge as this is all new to me - but great though!!

Thanks again for all the help.

• 1. whats the hopping thing about (why would you need it...)
    the "hop" is the distance from one box to another box,for example your local card(no hop) becomes hop1 in the next box..
    2. traceability... of course the traffic flowing through an isp is monitored/controlled but not to the extent of being "decoded"..
    3: open port...: http://linuxsat-support.com/ca…nes-clines-beginners.html
    4. if you start reading the stickies + other users experiences then you will soon be a "maestro" yourself. Reading is the key to success ;)
    and finally:
    Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• in answer to your question number 2

traceability is very apparent . Your IP is like an address and identifies your machines on your isp's network . Most isp's now use DPI ( deepful packet inspection ) . This looks at the network headers of the traffic and allows ISP to traffic shape particular traffics like torrents/p2p to allow a better user experience for all other users. Recently in Saudi arabia i believe all ISP's used DPI to stop the flow of cccam traffic completely over there network. It didnt matter if you changed port etc as the dpi technique looks at the header info from the data packet. In essence everything is traceable and i guess in time as more satellite providers also become isp providers they will adopt or are already discreetly adopting similar techniques or network logging. The hobby has always been cat & mouse and more and more providers are able to counter c/s now with hardware pairing. Within a couple of years everything in my opinion will be iptv and already services are cropping up on the internet offering this and to a good standard and more importantly often for free by fellow hobbyists. I guess it best to share with only people you know i.e family and friends if you indeed intend to share at all . Alot of us now just choose this route so we can use different receivers other than the rubbish supplied by the providers. End of the day there is only so much tv you can watch at once.

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• im ok with the ip stuff....i knew about the traffic shaping, but didnt think they had got to singling out cccam stuff though....nice if just rolling the por over sorts it out then...thanks for the info...

• will be a sad day for all i guess if dpi comes into play for oscam,cccam,newcs,scam,mgcam etc etc

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!