VU+ SOLO 2 Motorized Dish Positioner Setup Help

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,826 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• The recent bad weather has caused the sat dish to misaligned slightly. I have been trying in vain to manually realign with a good signal; but unable to save the settings once I got a good signal.

I have a Vu+ SOLO2 with a motorised dish, with the config as "simple", "USALS". I'm also using catseye channel list, OpenVIX 748 backup image.

Right now the signal is soooo weak that the picture flickers most of the time.

Here's what I did to get a good signal:

Go into "Service Searching" -> "Positioner Setup" -> "Movement"

After pressing green button several times to move west, I can get a very good SNR signal (close to 100%).

However, I don't know what to do (what buttons to press) to save the settings, as all the colour buttons do not have text to explain what the buttons are for.

So if I press the exit button, the system asked to Zap back to service prior to positioner setup? Regardless of choosing yes or no, the good signal is not saved and I'm back to square one, with a weak (unwatchable signal).

Can someone please show me how I can manually save the settings once a good signal is obtained? Or is there another method of getting a good signal?
    Help much appreciated.

Thanks

• In your Positioner Setup whgen you have the sat locked in, then goto memory index. Then you will have the option to use the green button to "store position".

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• you can either get up and realign correctly or you could add/subtract from your longitude
    say you are at long : 003.300W then try 000.300W or 002.300W,,etc
    the idea is it will then go to the sat position ....
    obviously I would go for the first option...
    most motors have preinstalled settings so changing long is to "trick the settings"

• In your Positioner Setup whgen you have the sat locked in, then goto memory index. Then you will have the option to use the green button to "store position".

I did this. Then I press the "exit" button, the system then asked to Zap back to service prior to positioner setup. Selecting yes or no doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The sat position seems t revert back to where it was before.

• The sat position seems t revert back to where it was before.

This is more than likely happening because you are using usals...if your dish is bent/buckled/out of line/pole not plum/wrong longitude or latitude settings entered then forget usals..use store position manually like mckee stated in post 2 and try again without usals.

MK

• never ever thought that ,,enigma 2 and motors work well ..a pain in the arse if you ask me .. but yet enigma 1 works brillant ..

Be more precise brad ! i found both enigma1 and enigma2 to be the same in the way they control motors ¬ virtually the same options in my vu duo as in my old tm500.
    Motor control is after all a very basic function in a satellite receiver .....

i have noticed on new LG tv's they have full DISEqC options built in allowing multisat viewing.

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• you can either get up and realign correctly or you could add/subtract from your longitude
    say you are at long : 003.300W then try 000.300W or 002.300W,,etc
    the idea is it will then go to the sat position ....
    obviously I would go for the first option...
    most motors have preinstalled settings so changing long is to "trick the settings"

Increasing the longitude by 1 degree seems to solved the problem. Brilliant! THANK YOU

• Be more precise brad ! i found both enigma1 and enigma2 to be the same in the way they control motors ¬ virtually the same options in my vu duo as in my old tm500.
    Motor control is after all a very basic function in a satellite receiver .....

i have noticed on new LG tv's they have full DISEqC options built in allowing multisat viewing.

:rikjaard1:

i use a vbox postioner as i have an acuator ..with my dm 800 .. when i try and set them up with blackhole image to work together ,,it just does what it wants, moves to fast or tells me i aint ping sat . ... but my horizon sat meter says different ..ps i am using a active tp .

my dm 7000 and tm 500 images . underground or pli ..are nothing like vix etc ( vu boxes) or blackhole enigma 2
    images ..nowt at all ..

for starters ..where does it mention motor ..on engima 2 images where it does with enigma 1 .. tottally different . everything works brillant with my enigma 1 boxes ..which are brillant and work perfect everytime ..

just my view.

Edited once, last by brad ().

• master G

Added the Label Motorized Dish Setup
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Positioner Setup Help” to “VU+ SOLO 2 Motorized Dish Positioner Setup Help”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!