Anyone know how to make picons for F5s?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,812 times. The last Post () by bigbhoy77.

• How to make your own picons?

I need picons for Scandinavian channels on 0.8 & 4.8. The only way I found is to copy the "logofile" from Lyngsat, but thoose picons are terrible if you compare the ones you can use on a DB, for example. I used the program from Sk*box.cc, but could'nt get the correct size. Anyone have a solution for this...?

Logos here:

http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/tvcountry.html

Program here:

http://www.sk*box.cc/down.asp?id=18

The picons has to be:

The Bmp file format :
    Size : 132x99.
    Color : 256 bit. (8 bytes)
    72 x 72 dpi (per inch.)

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------
    0.8/4.8/7.0/13.0/16.0/19.2/23.5/28.2

• whats the best program to edit bmp?

Don't know m8. I used Aschampoo and made them exactly as spec:

The Bmp file format :
    Size : 132x99.
    Color : 256 bit. (8 bytes)
    72 x 72 dpi (per inch.)

But still the icon edit program did'nt accept them. I got:

Error BMP palette. Please check the bmp palette! & Error bmp data

I tried all kinds of ways, copy & paste in to and empty sample. This one should work, but it does'nt: 830574a9325.pngbmp.file. Please try it...I would love to find a way to make my own picons. No one will do it for me....

VuDuo2 - OpenBlackhole, VuSolo2, DM500HDv2, OpenelecBox, DM600, ---------------------------------------------

• I'm halfway....I found how to create new picons (right size and accepted by the program).

* make one folder for your new picons. Then add inside an "no_icon.bmp" or "sample.bmp" picon (found inside program).
    * find picons you want to add (I choosed picons from my Dreambox, but I think you can choose any, or Lyngsat logos), change size to 132x99. Then save them in your newly made folder. Could be bmp or jpg or png...
    * open no_icon.bmp with paint.
    * choose modify, then "paste from". Then choose the picon you want to add (modify).
    * save the picon you just made. That's it. Just do next one...I have to do +500....s*it
    * then add them in to the program, and build a new ics-file

But then next problem. But what to do with the ics file? I followed the instructions for the chinese program, but it does'nt tell you have to get the new file BACK TO THE BOX!!??
    There's nothing like upgrading your channel_info.xml, when you put your Usb in...only "dumping"

• Programs says:

5. When finish edit, click the button to Build ICS file. OK

6. Backup the ics file to ref directory, if channel is changed, export the channel_info.xml from
    box, click the “Auto search icons” button, most the channel will be found. But what that this mean?

7. Nothing about how to put the newly made file back to the box???

• I may be wrong as I haven't got an f5s but i think you just save that file to the usb stick you leave in the box that also has the epg file on

Dam.I love you man. Full success!! Thx a million.

inbed79

this may help

Copy the ics files to the usb device, goto the "MultiMedia", select
    "Picon View" to View the icons infomation, or Switch on off.

Yes, that's how to do it. Just save your new ics-file to the root of your usb. That's it. Of course, also choose show picons in "Multimedia" settings.

Thx guys..now I know what to do, resize/rebuilt + 500 picons.....:47_002:

• hi CCcam i have these picons for 0.8 west may be of use to you all so have a few for 4.8 e in ping format

Thx m8, I have them as well. Problem is when you scale them down (edit: upscale/resize I mean..) and change format to bmp, they go "blury". Looks much better on a DB or Vu+, but on F5's I think best is to use the simple png logos from Lyngsat. But I'll give it a try....

• any ideas?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!