Dish moves after turning on DM800HD

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 735 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Alright chaps
    quick 1 for you
    when I power up my dm800 it moves my dish out of line it drives slightly to west just in between 0 and 1 on the motor any help why this is
    I have to go back up the ladder and drive it back to 0 which is pointing at 0.8w
    no when I set up my dish I lined it up to 0.8w so its all ways there but the motor its self it is at 0 so basically I just moved my pole to that sat hope it make sense

cheers seasider

• your working it back to front when you power up the dish will be going to where it should be dont drive it back slacken the bracket and turn it to the right position , when i set mine up i didnt even have it on the wall i had my motor at the tv with a few feet of coax on the floor i input my coordinates to the tuner setup and made sure when i went 28.2 it looked like 28.2 the went up and lined it up via the bracket till signal was strong on 28.2 then tried a channel on 4.8 knowing it was weaker and after the box drove it there via the channel list only then i made small adjustments to the bracket again and thats all nipped it up tight and was easy done yo have started on the wrong foot best start over and stop not letting the motor do its job

• your working it back to front when you power up the dish will be going to where it should be dont drive it back slacken the bracket and turn it to the right position , when i set mine up i didnt even have it on the wall i had my motor at the tv with a few feet of coax on the floor i input my coordinates to the tuner setup and made sure when i went 28.2 it looked like 28.2 the went up and lined it up via the bracket till signal was strong on 28.2 then tried a channel on 4.8 knowing it was weaker and after the box drove it there via the channel list only then i made small adjustments to the bracket again and thats all nipped it up tight and was easy done yo have started on the wrong foot best start over and stop not letting the motor do its job

##That has to be one of the longest phrases ever written without punctuation !!!!!!!
    :67:
    I agree , set up the motor as suggested: once you get the max snr on 0.8w use this as south/centred
    then try other sats within your range 28ºE - 30ºW for example to ensure its as close to the arc as possible..

• ##That has to be one of the longest phrases ever written without punctuation !!!!!!!
    :67:
    I agree , set up the motor as suggested: once you get the max snr on 0.8w use this as south/centred
    then try other sats within your range 28ºE - 30ºW for example to ensure its as close to the arc as possible..

I shall try do better next time , was in a rush but im sure it is understandable

• master G

Added the Label Motorized Dish Config
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Dish moves on powering up” to “Dish moves after turning on DM800HD”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!