What receiver to buy ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,834 times. The last Post () by foxhazard.

• Hi All, my first post.

Can you please advise a good Sat Box.
    My budget is £500 max
    I've had a look at Dreambox DM7020 and also like the look of the Vu+ Duo Range.

i would like something that i can record 2 things at a time
    a 7 day channel guide with auto update
    an internal hard drive

and also the easier to use the better being a beigginer

Any advise would be great.

many thanks

• check out all other previous threads asking more or less the same...
    check out sponsors section for good offers.( and lss users discount)
    a Duo2 with 2 twin tuners with an internal HDD would more than suffice..
    Vix is apparently a good image to start off with,,but its really a personal choice..
    All interesting info is here on site , just use the searchbar top right to take you there buddy..

• Many thanks to all on the forum. I have been reading up on all things linux and have decided to take the plunge and replace my solid but unspectacular Spiderbox9900hd with a Vu Solo2 with internal hdd.As a relative newbie i hope it will not be too difficult to pick up !

• i almost decided which receiver im going to buy but carnt decide between these as all the abreviations are like a another language at the moment ....

VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Single + 1x DVB-C/T Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

VU+ Duo 2 (2x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

VU+ Duo 2 (1x DVB-S2 Twin + 1x DVB-C/T Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

VU+ Duo 2 (1x Twin DVB-S2 Tuner) Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver Full HD 1080p PVR READY

HELP ... LOL

• Vu+solo2 with hdd added. Fantastic receiver nice size. Performance great like a wolf in sheeps clothing running vix image

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• The price to begin with :snicker:

Ok solo2 has two built in sat tuners, you can't take them out & replace them. Where as duo2 tuners are inter-changeable. You can have two dual sat tuners or one dual sat tuner & one aerial type connection tuner etc etc. Duo2 can be fitted with a 2.2 or 3.5 HDD where the solo2 can accommodate a 2.5 HDD only...

Duo2 has a lcd screen on the front of the box along with the normal VFD display, solo2 has VFD display only. Spec \7 speed wise there is not a lot in it to be honest. Both are cracking boxes and are worth every penny in my opinion...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I would prefer to go with Xcruiser XDSR600HD as it is cheaper then many others with all the features you can imagine to have in Linux based receiver.

They do have other models which are loaded with more features. Exlore website to choose right box for you

Edited 2 times, last by nano: Removed live link ().

• The XDSR600HD has a Sti Chipset. It will never run Enigma 2 correctly nor will it run native CCCam. I'm not even sure if this box has Enigma 2 available to it. From what i can see it has closed source firmware, much the same as a receiver from the 5kybox/Openbox stable.

I wouldn't even consider looking at the XDSR600HD over a proper Enigma 2 MIPS based receiver. Might be OK for a client box, but not much else.

Nano

• its hard to beat the solo2 and its now down in price from when i bought mine last year, i really cant fault it and with dreamplex installed ive put away my revo and apple tv as they arent needed any more

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• As good as Dreamboxes used to be they are not even in the same league as Vu+ Boxes. Dream Multimedia has also made their firmware closed course meaning a lot of teams won't be supporting their equipment anymore. Without support their equipment is nothing more than an expensive paperweight.

Pli have openly stated they will not be supporting any of DMMs V2 boxes or anything newer and support will only continue on the older boxes until it no longer becomes viable.

DMM are basically showing their arrogance and total disrespect to their customers, all their equipment is just completely overpriced compared to equipment from other manufacturers which has a better a spec and is half the price. It will be interesting to see DMMs stance regarding their firmware once they start losing all their customers.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!