Vlc

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,173 times. The last Post () by steve67474.

• Hi Guys, am having trouble setting up VLC to stream movies from PC to DM800. I have followed Ten Belows tut on here and set it up as per instructions. I can get to the pc file structure and select a movie then it just has a blank screen then crashes green screen of death. My setup is as follows

PC is windows 7 64 bit. VLC is 1.1.0 full install (Firewall down for testing purposes)

DM800 clone with enigma2 experimental dated 19th 5 2011 with VLC plugin already as part of the image Bootloader 82 Sim 2.01

Anyone have any Ideas other than trying another image as the write up on this image says that VLC was working. Cheers Guys

• Hi guys had a thought about this prob I have. The tut says to right button click on the desktop vlc icon. This is the shortcut to the program and add the following --intf wxwin --extraintf=http in the target box. I do that. It then says start vlc from main program start menu. This starts ok cause that line is not in there. If you go to properties on the main vlc program not the shortcut the extra info is not there. AH Ha I thought, thats my problem. I add it to the main program but then cant start VLC player. Bit confused here. (easily done)

So tut says properties on desktop shortcut and add line to that but start VLC from main start menu. It starts but that doesn't have the extra line in. Is that right as I still cant get this sucker to work without crashing dreambox. cheers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!