FlashExpander plugin with USB or HDD

There are 32 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 33,835 times. The last Post () by taghlaoui.

• When using flashexpander on dm800se (openpli image) can you only use a usb stick, have tried with internal hard drive, but crashes and get green screen, thanks.

• Problem solved, your a legend Inspiral, Is there a guide that shows you what plugins works with certain images ,like there is with cams or is it down to good old experience ,lol thanks.

• Any idea how much memory it allocates to the flash memory as it did not show up when enabling it and still shows I have still 1.85mb left when downloading plugins from tspanel, also when installing plugins(maim plugin folder) using DCC, saved on your computer can you just add them to: usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ will they show up under plugins .

• not certain of the % m8??
    but the receivers Flash memory is 60mb.. so you`ll ave more than enough m8?
    i`d add a larger USB

my 2nd receiver has a 16gig USB added & i have loadsa plugins running on it :40_002:

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Sorry to be a pain just installed flashexpander on a Tsimage 3 image, installs fine and sets up fine and says its got plenty of free memory, but everytime I try to install anything via the addons it says there is not enough space, any ideas?

• not familiar with the Image you usin m8?
    but it`ll be summit likes -> menu - setup - system - hard disk ??

then select your HDD & initialise, this will wipe it.... so if anythings recorderd? then you will lose them?

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• when I try to intialise it says unable to do so, is it ext4 file format, if so I will take it out and format it, as it was the only way I could get it to recognize it last time, thanks.

• when I try to intialise it says unable to do so, is it ext4 file format, if so I will take it out and format it, as it was the only way I could get it to recognize it last time, thanks.

I think most people use usb sticks for flash expander which should be formatted to ext3 not ext4.. what is it you need this for as i was able to install tsmedia and many other plugins in flash on an old dm800..i would also be careful what you are doing with this plugin as you could mess the box up.

I would also only use the disk utility to format anything as the device manager might screw things up with your hdd..i had this problem with my mates dm800 anyway...also use swap file once your hdd is setup as that should stop most green screens too.

MK

• Ok guys managed to get both hard drive and usb stick mounted, which flashexpander is using, also created a swapfile and flash expander reports that's there is loads of free memory, however as soon as I try to download and install a plugin, it wont install and reports there is not enough memory and wont let you uninstall anything once you get to this point, any ideas guys?

• would be most grateful if you give me push to finish the installations.-Bx dm 800 Se/sr4 sunray- with TS image 3.-OE 2.0,Enigma 2
    ramiMaher of 16.03.14 flashed on Friday last- successfully. No TS Panel or TS image in this image. Have formatted an 8GB KINGSTON Flash usb stick in 2 extensions 2 & 3. (may be 3.25 Gb each extension.The usb stick is detected as GENERIC FLASH storage device-(sda/media/hdd) 8.382 GB and Freee space of 8232 MB (note if any space used I cannot check for what purpose
    IN directory should it (??) sdb/media/usb. Please explain.
    Flash expander which version I should install ?? where it should go .(size 23 KB ,is that abnormal figure ?
    Plugskin Mover v 0.6- where to install same ?(27 KB - have doubt whether it should not be in mbs.(may be 3.2MB)

Before doing the above job, I would like to wait for your instructions- in order to be successful.
    Afterward - I will install ( TS panel 7.5) latest version.

Many thanks in advance for sparing some time. I apologise if I am abusing.

Best Wishes,
    yours respectfully.

I think most people use usb sticks for flash expander which should be formatted to ext3 not ext4.. what is it you need this for as i was able to install tsmedia and many other plugins in flash on an old dm800..i would also be careful what you are doing with this plugin as you could mess the box up.

I would also only use the disk utility to format anything as the device manager might screw things up with your hdd..i had this problem with my mates dm800 anyway...also use swap file once your hdd is setup as that should stop most green screens too.

MK

• Official Post

Use Pluginskinmover instead of FlashExpander, it is a much better plugin. The attached version will install on OE 2.0 images..

• guys.... when I click the attachement above it gives me a PHP link back instead of a zip file. What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone help me out here?

• Thanks for your quick response there :20_003:

Now to try all the flash ipkg's to see what actually works for me..

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Use Pluginskinmover instead of FlashExpander, it is a much better plugin. The attached version will install on OE 2.0 images..

After struggeling with flashexpander for like a zillion times to get it to work - I followed the information above, and would like to confirm it is working like a charm.

My box: Estar DM800SE - OpenPli 4.

Goal was mainly to clear up some space on flash and get big plugins as TSmedia moved to USB.

Many thanks masterG for your great tip!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!