Cross EPG - is this a PLi Image / TS Panel conflict?

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,756 times. The last Post () by Park.

• From a clean install of Open PLi 2.1 on a DM800HD, I installed the TS Panel. I noticed that the Cross EPG was not visible via the blue button - normally the case in this image. So I instinctivly installed the Cross EPG 0.6.2 plugin from the Open PLi panel and the plugin appears BUT the box crashes at the Cross EPG configuartion screen. It then occured to me that prehaps the TS Panel installs Cross EPG and therfore tried to re-install Cross EPG 0.6.2 from there, same result, the config screen crashes the box. I've now gone through each option of installing this plugin through the TS Panel, re-install, overwite, etc, etc and cannot solve the problem, green screen everytime with the Cross EPG config panel not appearing.

Is this a conflict between the way the image has been designed to work and the TS Panel? More importantly can this be recovered?

Thanks

• i had the same problem so what i did was put image openpli 4 and boom works and with everything on so all you have to do is change language and your done

• I had the same problem on my dm800 then i read that openpli advise people not to use Crossepg and to use EPGimport instead from the plugins menu.

• I had the same problem on my dm800 then i read that openpli advise people not to use Crossepg and to use EPGimport instead from the plugins menu.

Well its worked perfectly for years on two DM800's running Open PLi without TS Panel installed. It is also working perfectly on a DM800SE running Open PLi with TS Panel as we speak, albeit a different version of Open PLi due to it being a different. To be honest, it'll be quicker to reflash than debate on here.

• Not being funny guys, but we have a post with a "thanks" and a "Likes" for a post which suggests installing Open PLi v 4.0 on a Dreambox DM800HD?? According to the Open PLi website, you can only install v2.1 on a DM800HD, am I missing something here? Is it good practice to thank an inaccurate post?:-

Thanks cazuela thanked for this post
    Likes Inspiral liked this post

• Not being funny guys, but we have a post with a "thanks" and a "Likes" for a post which suggests installing Open PLi v 4.0 on a Dreambox DM800HD?? According to the Open PLi website, you can only install v2.1 on a DM800HD, am I missing something here? Is it good practice to thank an inaccurate post?:-

It appears you are allowing yourself to become a tad frustrated - There is no need ! Who cares if a certain post may be inaccurate and someone has pushed the thanks button....get over it as life is too short.

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=35101&p=133095&viewfull=1#post133095

This image above is one i used on a dm800 and i had no difficulties whatsoever with crossepg/infact i think i was able to install crossepg without the installation of tspanel.

MK

Looks like you are correct buddy.
    openpli 4 is for the se

I thanked the user for helping another user ;)

• I'm not frustrated, my message was very polite and civil. I'm confident about sorting my very minor issue out due to my background but I realise that other people use these forums for help and advice. So don't you think that A. The designers/creators of TS Panel would be interested if there is a genuine compatibilty issue and B. Novices and Newbie's reading this thread would like the information to be correct given complexity of these systems.

I realise this ia a hobby and I treat it as such but I'm also an Engineer and I suppose most of us have the character flaw of trying to do things the correct way.

:36_002:

• OK, I've found a fix. There appears to be an issue with the Cross EPG plugin according to the Open PLi developers, and there seems to be reported problems with ALL of the Open PLi images including 3.0 and 4.0 even with fresh installs. In fact I don't believe I've seen this issues on the older Open PLi images, so perhaps updates to the image have exposed the problem. Anyway Open PLi say the plugin has not been implemented correctly so it is upto the plugin developers to fix it, and they do not intend to make a change to the image. There is a fix which involves the modification of the following file:-

Line 81 in crossepg_main.py should be changed:-

-def setup(self, session):

+def setup(self, session, **kwargs):

The file can be found at the following location:-

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG

I'll post a link to this thread on the main Cross EPG forum for reference purpose.

Smiffie

• what software do we use to change line 81? do I do it on the pc or box itself?
    I have tried opening it with notepad on pc but cannot find the line, in fact there does not seem to be any order of lines on notepad.

also my crossepg_main.py is actually crossepg_main.pyo why is this?

Thanks in advance

• thanks for your help, job done, all fixed. spent all day last sat trying to find a fix and reinstalled many images to fix this, but did not like any exept openpli.

Thanks

• PROBLEM: After installing Cross EPG 0.81 from the plugin menu and configuring, if you try to update epg, plugin flashes very quickly on screen but no epgs are downloaded
    SOLUTION: go into terminal -> opkg install curl

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!