Install oscam from scratch on DM800HD

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,437 times. The last Post () by profixit.

• Hello, I want to install Oscam from scratch on a DM800 running Lonasdigital mod, I have downloaded the Oscam and I just get a file named oscam-svn5459-mips-tuxbox , how do I get from there?

Thanks for your help.

• Official Post

The problem with compiling your own is you need to create a script that will allow you to stop/start oscam from your blue panel/cams menu. The way i do it is download oscam+CCcam from the addons panel, this way you can edit the existing oscam files and stop/start scripts. You will find the oscam binary in /usr/bin/, delete that and rename oscam-svn5459-mips-tuxbox to oscam, chmod 755 and FTP to replace the old file. The oscam script will be found in /usr/script/, HERE is an example of a script you can use. Let us know how you get on buddy..

• Thanks mate, so if understood correctly the file oscam-svn5459-mips-tuxbox is the binary itself for the DM800 but it lacks all the installing and blue pannel (start/stop) scripts, am I correct?

The Image I am using does not have the oscam+cccam option on the addons pannel so I will download another cam and modify the scripts to acomodate the oscam.

Is there a generig install package ipk with oscam+cccam to use on any image ?

thanks for your help.

• Hi All, Very interesting. I've been trying to install different Oscam builds on my Vu duo with Vix 2.2.1, which has a pre installed oscam, something like 5507. Displayed as oscam.5507 in softcam manager.

I understand to get the latest Oscam mips build and ftp to usr/softcam and i have to rename it to oscam

Why does it have to be renamed. I would like to call it oscam."build"

Thanks

• I've tried to rename it as oscam.build and tried it with out renaming. It always shows up in softcam manager regardless of name, but it can't start. It's fine when you call it oscam. can't remember if it activates on start up, maybe not.

Not to bothered, I'll work on it.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!