Set-top box fraud 'cost Virgin £144m a year'

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,337 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• A FRAUDSTER who sold 400,000 set-top boxes which could receive TV subscription channels for free cost Virgin Media £144million a year, a court heard yesterday.

Munaf Zinga, 41, set up Rayyonics Ltd in 2005 to sell Eurovox devices for £100.

Mukundan Pillai, 42, was the technical expert and Salim Patel, 47, the delivery driver, Snaresbrook crown court in London was told.

Advertisement >>
    Zinga, of Plaistow, East London, and Pillai, of *Hainault, Essex, got eight and six years in jail respectively after being found guilty of conspiracy to defraud.

Patel, of Plaistow, admitted the same charge and was sentenced to a year.

The judge called the scheme “audacious”.

this was in the mirror yesterday ..... Set-top box fraud 'cost Virgin £144m a year' - mirror.co.uk

get less for rape !!!!

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• wonder what will murdoch get??? seriously though it´s amazing that "hobbyists" feel so paranoid ,yet somebody can get away with it SINCE 2005..
    begs the question : ¿ who was getting what for giving the blind eye for so long?? I mean if murdoch can get away for much more many years
    ( Rupert Murdoch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and just look at all his accomplices (if you have the timeas its quite long)
    ;)

• At the end of day Caz we should all feel paranoid. C/s is illegal always has been always will be . I think though that this eurovox case refers to modified cable boxes and not c/s . The likes of providers still don't appreciate that a lot of us use unofficial receivers as they are far superior to there own offerings and we are nothing to do with cardsharing at all !!!! If they could offer a receiver that could do what 3rd party receivers could do with plugins , skins etc then i'm sure the true hobbyist would stick and play with the receiver given to him/her by the provider from the onset. With the intorduction of hardware pairing growing and growing it seems like we are all gonna be forced to use cheap utter rubbish firmwares on poor peforming hardware. My provider is already hardware paired now and has been for a few months so i can only use the official receiver now to watch my countries satlelite offerings. Not ideal but i am forced to do so if i want to watch tv in my home nations language etc. Again the media taking away peoples freedoms etc

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!