vu+ uno solo2 or gigablue.

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,071 times. The last Post () by jcmufc.

• Hi guys new forum member. I am looking at getting my first box and would like some advice on which box to get.

I have narrowed it down to a vu uno or gigablue se plus. Or at a push I could be tempted to go for the solo2.

What are your thoughts on these boxes ? Would you pick sum thing else

• If the Solo2 is within your budget go for it, arguably the second best box ever built..
    I have had one since their release and I have never had a problem with it (apart from a few I created myself :laugh:)

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited once, last by thatfellow ().

• Have had experience with uno and solo2.
    I'd agree totally with thatfellow.
    Solo2 is faster and rock solid.
    Although if blindscan is a must, uno is the one.
    Solo2 hasn't this feature.
    Regards.

• Hi without sounding a bit dumb but what is blindscan? I have been researching a lot of boxes and the solo2 did sound good.

In all honesty I am after a box with 2 tuners( to keep the wife happy recording) as many FTA channels that I can get on a fixed sly dish, maybe a bit of cs and something that I can play with streaming, dlna etc

• Blindscan is exactly that : scanning for all possible transmission frequencies not just the pre set frequencies symbol rates etc...
    According to your last post requisites I would most definitely go with the solo2
    ¿ why ? you only have to look at how many sections/info/support there is for the VU+ ..
    maybe I´m wrong but it sounds like you are looking for a simple-no fuss stb with everything already pre-prepared...
    so the solo2 is a must for you and more importantly for the wife!!

• Blindscan is used to scan all frequencies.
    A normal scan only scans transponders.
    If you are interested in feed hunting, blindscan is a must.
    If your only after sly at 28.2, a solo2 is perfect.
    I had to go with uno twin tuner for brother because he cannot receive saorview and a solo2 will not scan in saorsat on eutalsat 9deg.
    Hope it helps.

• Sorry for going off topic:

Just on the Blindscan issue didn't the last set or next to last set of Vu+ Drivers incorporate a Test Blindscan Feature for the Solo2

Looks like it.
    Second last driver update {blindscan experimental version).
    Cheers.

• Hi guys, cazuela was pretty much spot on with his earlier comments regarding what I want. I have ordered the solo2 from WOS this morning.

I do have 2 satellite dishes that I can use. I have the sly installed one and I have a shared one that the housing put in our block of flats. I'm hoping that I won't have to reposition the sly one to pick up more satellites and the one the housing put in will pick up more SATs. I know the polish couple who live upstairs have polish channels coming through the housing sat feeds.

I like to play around with my toys, that's why I went android instead of apple for my phone and now that I'm investing in a sat receiver I followed the same rule. Something that works out of the box but I can do other things to it or with it( not like that lol).

I'm a nubie to Linux sat so expect to hear from me in the near future guys, when I go on a learning mission.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!