Root Password

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,142 times. The last Post () by rami.

• Hello Everybody,

I have recently purchased a new DM800, I have powered it up and it is running a Blackhole image ~76

When trying to access via DCC I have found that the root password has been changed. I have tried dreambox, password, bootload72 and just about any other password suggested having googled the problem.

To compound the problem I have no way of downloading any add-ons as the connection is dead - I think this is due to the nabilosat image? So Tuxbox or any other add-on is out of the question.

Can somebody please offer some additional advice? It is now driving me crazy :62:

Thanks
    Lee

• Surely the seller would have given you the password?
    the searchbar top right corner will help you buddy.
    type in key words ,in this case reset password and it will show you many more threads than I could link you to...

otherwise a reflash of image would bring you back to start over again

• Thanks for your reply cazuela.

When I bought the box I did not know the seller had changed the password. When I have contacted him he cannot remember it!

Still can't figure it out so I have sent it to somebody local for them to fix it - hopefully

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!