Installing Motorised dish

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,346 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi guys, I just want to double check everything before I go ahead with an install.

I've got my motor central to the dish and set the lat/long on the scale.
    Must I use the reference sat to align it or can I use 28.2e (my mate works for sky and says he can align to theirs).

Do I first get the box to move the motor to 28.2e then align it up to the sat? By rotating the whole fixture on the mount and moving the dish angle up and down?
    This should then goto all the other sats?

Cheers

• Official Post

For setting up a motorized dish you will need to point it at the referance satellite first so it catches every other satellite on the arch.
    If you are on the mainland UK your referance sat is Thor 0.8 west.
    Try to get the strongest signal on your referance sat first by tweeking the dish up and down, left to right, also try to skew the lnb.
    So "goto 0" on your box then move the dish with the butons on the motor until you get a reading on your meter.
    Let us know how you get on m8..

• So after it's done, goto 0 still goes to 0 and goto 0.8 would go to Thor?
    So goto 28.2 would goto Astra.
    Why wouldn't it work in reverse if I goto 28.2 and get it aligned to Astra, so goto 0.8 would goto Thor?

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!