Dcc password help

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,000 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi all

I have just updated to vix Zeus and decided to change my password on dcc I have followed master G tutorial to the letter. It says password changed but when I go to configuration and enter my new password dcc says incorrect password

What I did
    Open dcc all ip are ok and green
    Cleared password
    Press reconnect
    Telnet typed passwd then pressed enter

I am then prompted with this message
    Root@vusolo:~# passwd
    Changing password for root
    Entre a new password (minimum of 5 characters)
    Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers
    New password:
    Bad password to short
    Warning: week password (enter it again to use it anyway)
    New password:

For example I entered. Clyde1234 pressed enter
    Retype new password. Clyde1234 pressed enter

Password changed

Configuration
    Name root
    Password Typed Clyde1234

Reconnect

Telnet incorrect login

What am I doing wrong

And the password will not rest using ts panel 7.3 so I have to reflash my box with a back up to try and create a new password for dcc.

Steve

• hi try this , user root paswd no put nothing , then telnet and put new passwd .

close dcc then open dcc with new passwd.

• Hi rami you mean
    User root
    Password blank

When I press reconnect box ip goes red
    Closed dcc reopened dcc
    Put in new pass
    Am still getting the same message incorrect login this is beginning to annoy me because I have got it to work in the past no problem. Mabie a fresh head tomorrow will solve the problem

• Its possible you are using a screwed up version of dcc mate....the version i have is (DCC v2.96 by BernyR) which i seldom use but i know this version works 100%

You have been given 2 warnings in your telnet output/1 is the pass is too short and the other being too weak and it also looks like telnet is waiting on a new password again...i,m also not sure if you are typing this from telnet or whether you copied and pasted it but the spelling is all a bit pete tong..forgive me if you typed this as we all make mistakes however its just i was worried this was what the version of dcc you are using has sent output data that looks wrong.

I would recommend that you use putty for this task anyway.... http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html

If your password is now unknown and you cant reset it with an e2 root password changer then reflash the box and use putty...also choose a password with minimum 6 characters and after which there should be no need to reboot either as almost all linux commands take immediate effect instantly !

P.s if you get the warning that your 6 character password is too weak you will end up having to enter the password 3 times instead of entering it twice...if memory serves me correct that is.

MK

• Also check in your DCC folder you should see DCC.ini
    right click to edit and you will see whichever password is present..
    with any new changes, it´s always good policy to restart the stb, although not always necessary as Mee®kat has pointed out..

• hi all thanks for the help. i tried agan this morning to change the password still no joy getting the same message incorrect login. telnet says server has closed.

am using DCC E2 VERSION 2.2.1.1 by BernyR

does any one no were i can download the latest version of dcc for E2? the only one i can see on here is 2.96 E1 or 1.5 E2

• Official Post

hi all thanks for the help. i tried agan this morning to change the password still no joy getting the same message incorrect login. telnet says server has closed.

am using DCC E2 VERSION 2.2.1.1 by BernyR

does any one no were i can download the latest version of dcc for E2? the only one i can see on here is 2.96 E1 or 1.5 E2

DCC E2 1.5 is the latest and the version i use --> Dreambox Control Center Latest Version For Enigma1 and Enigma2 Receivers

Try a different FTP tool like Filezilla..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!