Hyperion V4 released

There are 45 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,675 times. The last Post () by Sleepysleep.

• How do you flash this? I copy the nand files onto a usb drive fat32 formatted and hold down the power when turning it on, prog appears then it seems to fail?

• @danielleg you are in the Hyperion 4 thread and your flashed image is OpenPLI from Bloto22.. How have you found the OpenPLI for plugins etc??

buc61b you can download the actual image from the PKTeam forum but you have to be a member and will need to use a translator as its in Polish. See here:-- hxxp://pkteam.pl/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=6268&sid=38834a30423b37f4bf65cfd6342b2c62

• i have installed this image on usb and downloaded cool tv guide from the blue panel everything works well except i can't exit from cool tv guide. when i press back nothing happens. the back button works fine for everything else. anyone else have this problem?

• I've just got myself an nbox and will be attempting getting this image on at some point. Hopefully it's as easy as you lot seem to find it.

• need help just got an nbox its on openpli which i dont like half of tsmedia etc doesnt work
    i have multi boot installed ive got as far as puttin the nand files on the usb plugging it in
    plugged the box in an changed from open pli so nbox appears on first load but i dont get and UPDATE i get UPDT or something silmilar boyt when i press ok the 4 lights come on the front and it doesnt seem to do anything was waiting for 15 mins i have an amiko it takes about 8 mins to fully flash enigma can any1 point me in right direction please

• I currently have openpli installed in nand on my 5800sx but it's so unstable. I've spent AGES trying to work this box out. I'm trying to install this threads standard nand image of hyperion v4 so that I can install a fully loaded hyperion v4 USB BACKUP image via the alleged "install manager" pkt build into their Images (I'd also like to know how to get into the install manager).

Is there a way for me to just put the backup image directly onto the usb stick without all this palaver. I'm an IT Engineer and this is getting silly.

Things I have tried:

1. Flashing this image using 4 different memory cards, each time it gets stuck on UPDT, I can't find any UPDATE file ANYWHERE on the internet.
    2. Formatting the USB stick via ubuntu to ext4 primary and 1 linuxswap then copying the extracted backup root files/folders over to the ext4 partition. Then setting the bootloader to USH1 (as specified). The box just ignores that anything is in there...

I'm beginning to lose all faith in this box and I seem to be stuck with a limited unstable openpli version with no tweakability, no plugins can be downloaded, no "install local extension", etc. I've had this box for 8 months and for those 8 months I have been using my core solo because of the 5800sx's unreliability. Enough is enough, the box has been taunting me from under the telly for too long. If I can get it working (and stable) then great, but if not, the box will be axed in the back garden...

Please help me...

BR Steve

• I feel the exact same way about mine. I'm an IT technician and am not used to being so flummoxed by tech! I want to throw the thing out the window. Did you manage to get a stable image from anywhere?

Edited once, last by number5: quote added ().

• I feel the exact same way about mine. I'm an IT technician and am not used to being so flummoxed by tech! I want to throw the thing out the window. Did you manage to get a stable image from anywhere?

Im in IT too and was up till 0300 2 nights in a row trying to get the image reflashed, then i saw post 35 above, worked first time!!! so did the attached usb version, im running from that now so i dont F the nand up again... the image to reflash does not contain a little file called update as as far i know there are two versions of this file

Anyone knowhow to change the channel selection ie i press 101 on remote and it opens bbc ?

• The update file in post 35 that I posted is for NAND images ONLY......it contains both update files for nebula and Hyperion images

The USB version of the same image Hyperion is installed differently...when you download any image check to see what it says NAND or USB/hdd......you cannot install a USB version to the NAND flash as it will not boot

If your image contains 3 files it's NAND

Hope you follow

• Hi,

i'm coming from nebula v3 and want to install hyperion. Changed bootloader to freeboot but cant find updt when i press arrow up or down. Can somebody tell me how to install?

thx

btw i want to flash nand version

Edited once, last by mr_nino ().

• Nebula v3 uses the correct boot loader for Hyperion.... you need to change it back look for b4u then press ok on the box

The UPDT is one of the options, if you have just NAND you have version 1 duo uboot if you have n-Hyperion you have version 2

Backup any emu you may have as a reflash will re-set the box

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!