where to buy dreambox 800 hd from, china option - how much customs charge?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,627 times. The last Post () by kemestri.

• hi, i want to buy dreambox before football season starts. where can i buy the receiver from for as cheap as possible.

ive been reading on another forum and alot of people are mentioning ukdreamshop but there prices are extortionate (aorund £180), others mentions get it from china (£110 to £120), but they warned there may be customs charge.

can someone please recommend where to buy it from. a reputable seller. my budget for the receiver is £130 max.

thankyou kaisar1

• advice to you my friend dont buy from china as customs are confiscating all dreamboxs entering the uk at the minute mate could be a costly lesson i would rather pay an extra £15 to be safe than sorry buying from uk why dont you put an ad on here if looking for one maybe a member will have one for sale and as again if it goes tits up it will cost you about £35-40 to return to china my friend

• Wouldn't advise you to buy in China mate...

Have a read of these taken from another forum:

Only i got stung for more than 2 units .
    Let me guess, London Heathrow?
    Dhl have a lockup/ warehouse there and customs are the custodian, basically they are above the law and answer to nobody. Seems strange they intercepted a shipment of 2 tho . Usually go for bigger orders. Most smaller orders normally go via west midlands without issue, maybe getting hit for taxes 50% of the time.
    Unlucky op, I know how you feel but it just shows the risks involved and why resellers whack 50% + on there selling price.
    for future referance ups is a far safer courier as no depot for customs to go sniffing round!

• Wouldn't advise you to buy in China mate...

Have a read of these taken from another forum:

the thing is i will be ordering one box, so therefore less chance of getting customs charge. and secondly, this box is not illegal. so how can they prevent you from buying it? once you go down card sharing route thats when it becomes illegal. i can use the box for fta purposes.

am i right or am i deluded? lol

• the thing is i will be ordering one box, so therefore less chance of getting customs charge. and secondly, this box is not illegal. so how can they prevent you from buying it? once you go down card sharing route thats when it becomes illegal. i can use the box for fta purposes.

am i right or am i deluded? lol

Your deluded...

The box is a clone..

Therefore it is infringing the patent Dream Multimedia media have on it and Customs have the right to charge or destroy it whether its 1 or 100 boxes..

Few of my mates have been charged for 1 box before and now that there being destroyed i wouldnt be surprised...

So if you are buying ask for it to be shipped by Ups or anyone else once its not DHL...

• better off getting the uk one at least your sure of getting it. i ordered one from china and it was confiscated too , i got one from uk no prob i should have done that in first place better safe than sorry

• Glad I got mine :-) Jan 2011 mind.

Thanks for the info some of my mates were asking me where I got them from.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• It all depends if you have money to burn.....

I know for a fact Customs confiscate clone units, especially from non EU countries, as then they also need invoices etc.

Would you rather buy a STB from China for £100, or pay £200 for one already in the UK and practically guaranteed that you'll receive it??(as long as the seller isn't a crook lol)

I'd rather pay for the one I know I'm gonna get tbh.

• the thing is, the people selling these receivers from the uk bought them from china, im just hoping to cut the middle man out by buying direct.

• A mate of mine had 4/5 of his box's confiscated when he bought from China, DM500s iirc.

The guys who have them in the UK have already taken the risk, and that's why they can charge more and you'd receive it quicker etc.

Ultimately, it's completely up to you, I'm just giving an opinion as to what I would rather do.

Good luck in which ever way you decide to purchase one, and I'm sure you'll love once it's set up. :)

• I have bought several dreambox 800s from china from a company call yaoxin.
    allways excellent delivery. 2 - 4 days usally dhl. cost about 170USD incl post.

never more than 2 at a time. never any problems with custom. never had to pay any duty.

however my address is in Spain.
    like other posters say. you pay you money and make your choice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!