Which Channel Editor Download All Satellites?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,003 times. The last Post () by genius5000.

• Hello

I am currently using Dreamset239 for VU+ Duo².
    It works fine but my problem is I need more satellites' channel lists to download and unfortunately Dreamset cannot get anything beyond KingOfSat list.

I need for example, lists from 76.5E, 78E, 83E.
    So, is there any way I could download channel lists from the sats above and ad/insert/ those on to Dreamset?
    Or is there any other editor which would serve my purpose?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

• Here you go buddy,, sats.xml
    You decide which sats you want then download it as an .xml file
    then as you say ,,use dreamset to install it over onto the stb
    remember to restart stb to take effect

hey cheers for your reply.
    I'm a bit confused though as to how to install the xml file. it would be brilliant if you show me the procedure a bit here ...

I've downloaded the xml file and saved it to my desktop.
    what is next? I tried opening it by Dreamset but failed.

please help :) thanks

• As I dont know which image you are using etc
    using DCC or filezilla,
    FTP into etc/tuxbox and you will see the older sats.xml file there..
    simply FTP the new one in its place to overwrite it
    then restart the box.. you should then see the sats/channels you wish

• As I dont know which image you are using etc
    using DCC or filezilla,
    FTP into etc/tuxbox and you will see the older sats.xml file there..
    simply FTP the new one in its place to overwrite it
    then restart the box.. you should then see the sats/channels you wish

hey thanks.
    yes i did all that successfully, and yes all the sats are now there in the stb.

do i have to scan the channels in the stb? and then edit them by Dreamset?

i am not sure if i did explain it properly as to what i really wanted.
    i want to download channels from internet by Dreamset, then ftp them to the box.
    but Dreamset doesnt have any internet option other than downloading from KingOfSat which allows you only the european sats channels (til 75E).

do you understand me now? :)

thanks

• Now go into dreamsat- read files from the box - tick the ones you want or dont want( its been a long time since i´ve used editors)
    then once you are happy with the ones you want - write them back to the box and you´re done..
    btw .. I notice your IP is in Europe, are you sure you can pick up the signal from the sats you want???

• Now go into dreamsat- read files from the box - tick the ones you want or dont want( its been a long time since i´ve used editors)
    then once you are happy with the ones you want - write them back to the box and you´re done..
    btw .. I notice your IP is in Europe, are you sure you can pick up the signal from the sats you want???

i think you're misunderstanding me ... i dont want to scan channels by the box.
    i just want to use Dreamset and let it download all the channels from internet.
    but as i said, Dreamset cannot download anything beyond 75E !

if you install/open Dreamset by yourself then you will know what i mean :)

• Then you havent understood me either...LoL...
    Dreamset will not do that as you have already found out,,so heres a way round it..
    using DCC or filezilla FTP the sat.xml file over to the box as I explained before.
    Then restart the box and you should have all the sats you downloaded..
    75ºE is below the horizon for me in Spain for example

• Then you havent understood me either...LoL...
    Dreamset will not do that as you have already found out,,so heres a way round it..
    using DCC or filezilla FTP the sat.xml file over to the box as I explained before.
    Then restart the box and you should have all the sats you downloaded..

haha ... scanning by STB would be a pain because i have around 16 LNBs to scan!

so, in that case, i will prefer another program which will do the same job like Dreamset but download channels from ALL sats.
    is there any out there you're perhaps aware of ?

• Sorry bud ..
    I have tried various things ,too many to mention but no joy so far.....
    the problem is the lamedb ,etc which I cant get access to...
    perhaps over a few beers on a sunny afternoon you can scan them..
    this seems to give better options for your case : sat.xml

• totally agree...
    I have looked on aussie/asian/phillipine sites for any possibilities ..
    I have tried to swap the kingofsat for lyngsat, etc, within the dreamsat folder but everything is copyright..
    But no joy ,,so,,,,,
    satellites-xml.org is for you

maybe if and when you do get around to it you can then pass on your hard work to those who will appreciate your efforts
    :good news::thumbsup:
    BTW.. just so you know ,, I´m jealous of your 180 dish... perhaps put up a pic in SHOW US YOUR SETUP
    dying to see it ;)

• yes, Lyngsat instead of KingOfSat would do !

I got real lucky to get that 180cm dish here, its even a mesh :)
    I will post some pics / setups next week.

whats your dish n setup anyway?

• a 120 motorised in Northern coast of Spain missing my Ire/UK fta channels... :(
    am waiting for some results back about a 150 dish confirmation..

is it true that big (180/240) mesh dishes are available handy in places like Spain/Italy ?

we in north western germany always can receive FTAs & BBCs from 28E by just 60/70cm dish.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!