cross epg - Help needed please

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,687 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Please can someone help. I've tried everything but cannot get crossepg to work properly. I did the following, afte installing a brand new image, openvix-3.0.808-vuduo_usb onto my VU+ Duo;

After ticking Sly in opentv, & three countries on Rytec Providers,
    Press Crossepg Downloader, the following happens; starting downloader, reading channels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsing summaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel lists deflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it then says starting importer, saving data, loading data (however there is no progress in the progress bar). it then spins again and goes back to menu. When I check, the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytec providers list.

My settings are; epg to save to usb, enable csv import, show plug in, show extension.

I then tried it a different way;
    Press Download Now button, the following happens; starting downloader, reading channels, reading titles, parsing summaries, reading summaries, parsing summaries, parsing channel lists, parsing events, parsing channel lists deflating events, parsing events, it then hangs & the Vix spins, it then goes back to menu. When I check, the epg for all uk is there, but none of the foreign ones ticked in the Rytec providers list.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

• thanks for that master g, but how would that work, if I have opentv ticked & rytec providers ticked, I thought that it would automatically download from all sats concerned. Isn't that the point of crossepg, and what difference if I select "Cossepg downloader", or "Download Now". Do they do different things.

• thanks for that master g, but how would that work, if I have opentv ticked & rytec providers ticked, I thought that it would automatically download from all sats concerned. Isn't that the point of crossepg, and what difference if I select "Cossepg downloader", or "Download Now". Do they do different things.

Crossepg downloader can be set for a time to download ,,i.e : 4am to a usb stick for example..
    Crossepg will only download on the platform that the stb is on,,, i.e : s l y uk ,
    but if you wish to download other platforms on other sats then you need to move the dish to there..
    This has all been asked and answered before ,,, the searchbar top right will help you...

• therefore, what is the purpose of ticking some of the countries in the "rytec providers" list, or the "xedgb providers" list. how should that work.
    AND, how can I check if any epg, bouquets, etc have gone into flash memory. what folders do I check via filezilla.

• as for ticking extra epgs if you are on that sat as I mentioned before then the epg will download for you.
    if you use filezilla then look in media/usb/crosspeg folder in the penstick where you should have them mapped to when you set up crossepg.
    you should see epg.dat inside the crossepg folder.

• Official Post

thank you cazuela, but also can you tell me which folder to check just in case the flash memory is saving epg by mistake.

It will save to folder /etc/enigma2/crossepg.

Before you delete the crossepg folder stop enigma in telnet as the EPG data will still be held in live memory..

The Cache Flush plugin from the feeds might be useful for removing EPG data from live memory..

Code
    init 4
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/crossepg
    init 3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!