Which receiver? (Sport)

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 797 times. The last Post () by andybr1ggs.

• Hi all,

Obviously I am new to the forum and very new to the concept of these boxes.

Basically all I am after is a certain sports channel, I am not sure if I am allowed to use their real channel name.

They stole my beloved MotoGP and I don't want to have to pay for the next 5 years (cheap I know)

So I was wondering what the cheapest receiver would be as I am on a budget.

HD would be nice though not a must. I have a satellite also, someone gifted me one.

Thank you in advance.

-Nightwing87

• Official Post

Would think is bt sports.
    They have the moto gp
    Dunno if it still applies but didn't they give it free if you get broadband with em?

BT Sport SD channels are free with BT Infinity, though you need to renew your broadband contract for an extra 12 months.. BT Sport HD channels are an extra £3/month. If you are not a BT Infinity customer the package is £12/month.

• Firstly yes, it is that channel...wasn't sure if I could put it down (I have been on forums before where they don't like that).

I have looked into getting broadband with them but they make you pay for a phone. I have a smartphone which I pay enough for so I don't need a land line at the cost of £15.99 a month.
    Also, BT broadband (even infinity) is rubbish where I live so would be happier sticking with virgin. However, they would need me to go from paying £25 to £54 a month.

And to answer the first point, no I did not realise it was card sharing scenario...In my naivety I did think it would open up channels just like magic so sorry.
    I did try looking through the forum for that answer but I couldn't find a simple yes or no.

Never mind. Thank you for the replies though.

-Nightwing87

• I started of with a sly box f3 (about £50) these are ok but you do need to keep an eye on adding sly channels when things change a good place to keep getting upto date channel lists is on ajsat.co.uk.

Then i got a Blade 7000 (£120) these are ok, but not open source plus you can just press a button and update the channel lists (even tho the blade servers are very slow at updating) so i used to go to ajsat see what the new channels were and do a blind scan and update the channels my self, this also has 7 day epg but its not that good also the slybox f5's only have a now and next guide but if your on on a low budget its nowt a 50p tv mag cant sort.

Now ive got an amiko alien (£160) running hpt hyperion its the dogz bollocks and does everything its self and the tvguide is wicked but this cost me £160 and it can also play all them movies ya usually download through your pc (with abit of customizing of course)

But you pay for what you get and what i would do if i were you is get a slybox f5 keep it for abit look for cheapest cline (mine was £10 year) then sell that box for £120 and that goes towards your next baby lol and buy the end of it all youl have a decent box haha good luck

Regards mate !

oh and when you get the cline dont worry mate ul get every channel going all in glorious HD :-) then rupert and BT and Virmin media can all go officially f*** themselves

amen

• Official Post

@ andybr1ggs, don`t be promoting the use of payserver scum to other members.. That was very foolish of you to do so when you know what our forum rules are..

There is no such thing as cheap or free TV for nightwing87 as he will end up paying more for equipment than what the subscription costs for the channel he wants to view..

Like you said " you pay for what you get " and the majority of the time these cheap C lines you promote are cheap for a reason, they freeze, are offline or they just disappear with your money..

Anyone found to be using one will no longer receive any support from this forum and may also receive a ban..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!