Available channels to view while recording

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 538 times. The last Post () by grumpy_git.

• Hi,
    Recently got this box second hand to replace my increasingly temperamental DM800 and have been very impressed so far.
    However, one reason for going for a twin tuner was being able to view other channels while recording but I only seem to have about 50% of channels available when recording.
    I only have a single lnb connected for now with tuner b looped through to tuner a. Is this the problem, splitting the signal over a single cable?
    Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

• In my experience, splitting the signal does NOT work. You will be losing signal strength, and that will explain why you lose signal on the weaker transponders. You could check this by using single tuner and having a look at the SNR of lost channels against the signal of the ones that were still there.

Mac

1m Motorised dish. ET5x00, DM800HD, TM600

• using loopthrough will only allow you a limited improvement over a single tuner / feed, if you really want to use both tuners to their maximum efficiency you should have each using it's own feed from the LNB, otherwise the second tuner is going to waste.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Thanks guys, bought a ladder last week (the missus thinks it's for decorating) so guess it's time to fit a quad lnb. Two feeds for the Vu plus park the DM800 and Spiderbox upstairs in bedrooms.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!