My List of needs/questions!

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,719 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi All,

As mentioned in my intro, I'm fairly new to the whole satellite scene having been with *** for years. At present I have a DM800HD on the way and plan to link it up to a *** dish. SO here's my questions:

>Can I only pick up 28.2 on a standard *** Mesh dish?
    >If I upgrade/upsize the dish, can I use the existing bracket, or do I need to replace the dish, bracket etc and start from scratch?
    >If I upgrade the dish, I'd like to get a multi LNB arm, which would potentially feed the DM800HD, along with at least 1 DM500S. Where is the best place to buy satellite gear (Dish, LNB, Bracket, switches) without going bricks and mortar and paying a fortune?

This is what I can think of for now, but you can bet I'll be back with more very soon!!

>Can I only pick up 28.2 on a standard *** Mesh dish?

Fixed in its current position yes! Only 28.2 East can be got... But moving it around you have a chance of getting the stronger sats like 19east, 13 east and prob 42 east aswell if you had the patience...

>If I upgrade/upsize the dish, can I use the existing bracket, or do I need to replace the dish, bracket etc and start from scratch?

You could use the existing bracket but i wouldn't advise it if it is one of those L shape brackets... A U brakcet attached to the wall in the top and bottom is much more stable for a bigger dish!

>If I upgrade the dish, I'd like to get a multi LNB arm, which would potentially feed the DM800HD, along with at least 1 DM500S. Where is the best place to buy satellite gear (Dish, LNB, Bracket, switches) without going bricks and mortar and paying a fortune?

Well there's our sponsor!.... I know a fella up near you that sells sat hardware and good old fleabay where you can get a bargain from!

Ask away we're here to help!

• Thanks again, you're like my sat guru!! So if I pick up say a 90 or 100cm dish in dublin, what other satellites will I be able to pick up other than 28.2? I think maybe 19E, 13E & 9E? Is there anything worthwhile on them? Am mainly interested in Football & Movies. I'm leaning towards a stationary dish over a motorised one, as I believe they can be blown off target etc.

• Id go for a motor if i were you!

Set it up properly and you'll never regret it..

Sats worth watching hmmmmmm...

A lot have the original english language as an audio option!

The main ones i use:

28east,23east,19east,16east,13east,7east,0.8West and 30West...

There is loads of football, drama, movies and docs on these sats with the english option!

I have a fixed dish on 28,19 and 13...

I have it for the kitchen reciever...

But i use my motor more on the full arc...

More choice like...

• I believe 13e and 19e are the two best sats without a doubt.

Tonnes of movie channels with english audio and lots of football.

I would also recommend a motor but if its out of your budget I would go with a 1m dish

6 degree mono for picking up both 13 and 19.

I am in Dublin myself if you want a few places for equipment.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• I am in Dublin myself if you want a few places for equipment.

I'd love to get a motorised setup, but may be moving from Dublin to Wexford in the near future, so would like to get set up relatively cheaply in Dublin in case I have to move all the gear.

So I could pick up a 1m dish and add on 2 extra LNB's. What packages/providers are on 13E & 19e? I'm sure there's probably a guide somewhere which lists them. I have access to ***, so need to look into what cards/feeds I should be looking out for on the other satellites.

• I'd love to get a motorised setup, but may be moving from Dublin to Wexford in the near future, so would like to get set up relatively cheaply in Dublin in case I have to move all the gear.

So I could pick up a 1m dish and add on 2 extra LNB's. What packages/providers are on 13E & 19e? I'm sure there's probably a guide somewhere which lists them. I have access to ***, so need to look into what cards/feeds I should be looking out for on the other satellites.

Packages here: Packages - Europe, Africa & Middle East - LyngSat

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

So I could pick up a 1m dish and add on 2 extra LNB's.

You would have to buy a multi arm for your dish and better off buying 3 lnbs as the *** lnb wouldnt exactly be great...

What packages/providers are on 13E & 19e?

Few nice ones:

Sly de, D+, Canalsat France, Canal Digital on 19 east to name a few...

Nova, Sly It, Cyfra, Polsat, Al jazeera Sport, to name a few on 13 east...

Have a look here for further info: FlySat Packages List

• Hi heather , another (ex) Dub12 here ;)
    Look above these posts and you´ll see "live on sat" for all your sporting needs !!
    Then check out "kingofsat" KingOfSat - European Satellite Zapping & Directory for all frequencies,channels,etc.....
    Then for wexford area ,,"reddevil" would be interesting to chat with ;)
    one last thing :)
    Reading is the key to success ,you´d be amazed at how many posts there are already written FaQs before you even think of your next Qs ;)
    this is some very friendly advice ;)
    ;) caz

• Yep true, I'm going to read the stickies tonight, dont want to start off by annoying people asking questions that have been answered 10 times before. Just so much to get my head around!!

Really appreciate all the help/advice though!

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!